It is time to hang up my bike

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:14 am

Well it has been fun posting here in BNA for the past 5years. I first joined after I was injured from a triathlon race in 2007 and needed a disc operation. The training thread helped me back into riding
and I was able to ride just as fast and strong as ever, but I did have a setback one year later and needed another big back operation.. Once again I trained up and started to read the training and other parts of the forum to get my mojo back. I even got a new bike, yes the pinny :P.
I rode the Pinny with passion and could not get enough of it. Some of you may remember me as Pine :oops: lots of good fun for me being pine :mrgreen: got some warnings from the mods :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well the good old back is playing up once again and it is time to realize that I will not be able to ride the way I did in the past, I will have to find something else to do. I am very sad about it but as the they say sa la vie.
Please take care of yourselves and always remember to have a great laugh, and for those who are o be politically correct, there is no hope for you :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

by BNA » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:24 am

BNA
 

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:24 am

What is it about your back that stops you from riding? How about a more upright position. Flat bar or similar?
Image
User avatar
singlespeedscott
 
Posts: 2681
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:35 pm
Location: Elimbah, Queensland

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby sogood » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 am

Before the recumbent pedal pushers chip in, may I wish you the best of health in coming years. Your enthusiasm on road and posts will be sorely missed. Yet again, BNA is now more than just cycling and will look forward to more of your presence! :D
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:35 am

sogood wrote:Before the recumbent pedal pushers chip in, may I wish you the best of health in coming years. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sogood, you have always made me laugh, I just love reading your posts, you may still see me on the Nanna lap in Centennial park on the far left side near the tricycles and those roller bladders that swing their arms like a helicopter blades, but I will no longer yell at them but tolerate all those slow riders that drove me nuts when I thought I was a pro.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am

singlespeedscott wrote:What is it about your back that stops you from riding? How about a more upright position. Flat bar or similar?

The pain, but once it is under control I will think about the flat bar, it is just hard to see the racing bikes ride passed and me feeling like damaged goods,
It’s like watching all the popular girls having the coolest lunch box and my mum gave me a plastic back for my brown sandwich that has crusts. :cry:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 am

Gonna miss you bellissima amica. Come back often, even if it's only to stir the pot :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25268
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby RonK » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:16 am

Gee, that is a shame Apple - but perhaps you can find an outlet this way.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
User avatar
RonK
 
Posts: 4918
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane, Queensland

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby sogood » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 am

Apple wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sogood, you have always made me laugh, I just love reading your posts, you may still see me on the Nanna lap in Centennial park on the far left side near the tricycles and those roller bladders that swing their arms like a helicopter blades, but I will no longer yell at them but tolerate all those slow riders that drove me nuts when I thought I was a pro.

Glad to be of service and look forward to your Pinna on the CP circuit. I probably will start to ride the same relaxed track in the coming years. :mrgreen:
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16796
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby elantra » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:25 am

Not a decision to be taken lightly but perhaps this is an opportunity in disguise.
Time now to plan a holiday somewhere nice?
South Island NZ is nice at this time of year. :D
But please do not abandon your loyal followers on these forums.....
"Technology gives us much more information but Education is never be able to give us the skill to evaluate it"
User avatar
elantra
 
Posts: 1697
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:01 am
Location: Trying to avoid the Brisbane traffic.

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:28 am

RonK wrote:Gee, that is a shame Apple - but perhaps you can find an outlet this way.

RonK, I am a yak, I have a beautiful epic carbon fibre, just like my Pinny 8) I will post a picture. The Ferries scare me, just like the big cars on the road. I am still trying to get my nerve around it.
but I do love it. Thanks for the link :P :D
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:29 am

elantra wrote:Not a decision to be taken lightly but perhaps this is an opportunity in disguise.
Time now to plan a holiday somewhere nice?
South Island NZ is nice at this time of year. :D
But please do not abandon your loyal followers on these forums.....

Elantra :oops: you Dog you :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby gabrielle260 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:20 pm

Oh Noooooooo!!!!!!
gabrielle260
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby marinmomma » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:32 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:Oh Noooooooo!!!!!!



+ 1000000, we haven't gone for a ride together yet!
Lisa
marinmomma
 
Posts: 1984
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:12 pm
Location: Southside Brisbane

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby trailgumby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:25 pm

+1,000,000. There should be some form of bike that will suit you

I think the boys are going to miss the tips about shaving :wink:
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 9899
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Eleri » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Well I reckon that's just soft. Go to Pilates or something. We were supposed to ride in February. :evil:
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Eleri wrote:Well I reckon that's just soft. Go to Pilates or something. We were supposed to ride in February. :evil:

LOL, :lol: :lol: ok, it may help, I better start again soon, otherwise I just start posting s*&^t on the forum and then I get kicked off :mrgreen: :roll: and then I have to find a new name.
:evil:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby gururug » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:20 pm

We'll miss ya apple please post back on how you manage to live not riding. What you end up doing instead etc.
User avatar
gururug
 
Posts: 1499
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:05 pm

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Eleri » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:11 pm

Apple wrote:
Eleri wrote:Well I reckon that's just soft. Go to Pilates or something. We were supposed to ride in February. :evil:

LOL, :lol: :lol: ok, it may help, I better start again soon, otherwise I just start posting s*&^t on the forum and then I get kicked off :mrgreen: :roll: and then I have to find a new name.
:evil:


Seriously, pilates or indeed any core work will do more for your back than sitting around doing nothing.
Image
Eleri
 
Posts: 301
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Inner West, Sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Riggsbie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Or get a recumbent and carry on riding ;-)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Image
User avatar
Riggsbie
 
Posts: 621
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:55 pm
Location: Geelong, Vic

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby damhooligan » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:08 pm

How much you want for pinny??
I be in sydney in a fortnight.... how much cash should i bring???

:mrgreen:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!
User avatar
damhooligan
 
Posts: 3409
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: melbourne

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby MarkG » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:10 pm

damhooligan wrote:How much you want for pinny??
I be in sydney in a fortnight.... how much cash should i bring???

:mrgreen:


Do it!
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"
User avatar
MarkG
 
Posts: 2147
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:02 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 pm

MarkG wrote:
damhooligan wrote:How much you want for pinny??
I be in sydney in a fortnight.... how much cash should i bring???

:mrgreen:


Do it!

You wouldn't have that much cash :mrgreen: :wink:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:10 pm

gururug wrote:We'll miss ya apple please post back on how you manage to live not riding. What you end up doing instead etc.

gururug, please tell me you are not the avatar.
:D :wink: but thank you, I don't think we have even met on the forum, have we :?
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby Apple » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:11 pm

Riggsbie wrote:Or get a recumbent and carry on riding ;-)


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Giggsbie, :shock: what is wrong with you. :shock: recumbent, I have more chances of being a pole dancer :mrgreen:
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!
User avatar
Apple
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:00 pm
Location: sydney

Re: It is time to hang up my bike

Postby damhooligan » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Apple wrote:
MarkG wrote:
damhooligan wrote:How much you want for pinny??
I be in sydney in a fortnight.... how much cash should i bring???

:mrgreen:


Do it!

You wouldn't have that much cash :mrgreen: :wink:

How would you know???
Iv got plenty....

Iv got so much. Iv i need a spare part for my bike.
I just buy a whole new bike..and donate the rest to charity...
:roll:
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!
User avatar
damhooligan
 
Posts: 3409
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: melbourne

Next

Return to Women's Cycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Support BNA
Click for online shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Cycling Express Cycling Express
Ebay Ebay AU
ProBikeKit ProBikeKit UK
Evans Cycles Evans Cycles UK
JensonUSA Jenson USA
JensonUSA Competitive Cyclist