should I say someting

Apple

should I say someting

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Yes I know, it has been a while since I posted one of my tales.
Well this as been on my mind for a while.
I have been riding with my friend at least once a month, we have been friends from the old triathlon days. Back then we were hotties and our skin was firm and fitted well. :mrgreen: mine still does.. I have gone up a size and did buy new lycra, but my friend Insists on wearing her size 8 lycra and she is like a size 14 now. It doesn’t look as good as it used to.
Well the other weekend we were descending down Akuna on the drops and her zipper was very low showing her girls like Siamese twins. :shock:
A rider on the opposite side yelled out “hey grandma I can see your tits” :lol: well she was so pissed off that she was going to ride back up the hill and let him have it. She is a very strong cyclist and I have no doubt that she would have caught him. But my worry is that she really does need new lycra about 4 sizes larger. As a close riding friend should I say something or should I just let her squeeze into what she has. :(
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.
Speak your mind,Those that mind dont matter, Those that matter dont mind!!

bychosis

Re: should I say someting

Postby bychosis » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Please do.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Need pics to decide...
:twisted:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:19 pm

Ross wrote:Need pics to decide...
This.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:23 pm

You are sure the other rider, the abuser, was referring you your friend? I think it is really critical to confirm the facts.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:24 pm

Mulger bill wrote:
Ross wrote:Need pics to decide...
This.
:roll: This is serious. I love riding with Flobbya, but it is just getting out of control :shock:
I will post a picture but I am not sure if it is allowed.
A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man.

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:26 pm

[imgImage][/img]

Apple

Postby Apple » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:28 pm

ft_critical wrote:You are sure the other rider, the abuser, was referring you your friend? I think it is really critical to confirm the facts.
Well I didn't see anyone else and my girls were well inside.

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:32 pm

Stretched lycra is usually thin as well. Especially around the rear. Might be easier to suggest the lycra is getting a bit worn and needs replacing.

No pics, please.

:P

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:40 pm

No. But if it ever happens again, encourage her to take off after the other rider and give it to him :)
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

twizzle

Postby twizzle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:02 pm

I just had this vision of her chasing him down then stripping off the jersey and throwing it at him.

Sent from my iThingy...
I ride, therefore I am. But don't ride into harm's way.
...real cyclists don't have squeaky chains...

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 pm

Apple wrote:[imgImage][/img]

Is that her bum or her !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! ?

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:06 pm

jimsheedy wrote:
Apple wrote:[imgImage][/img]

Is that her bum or her !! BAN ME NOW FOR SWEARING !! ?
:lol: Oh wow. That's harsh, jimsheedy. Tehehe. Made me laugh though. :P

I like Twizzle's idea - say the lycra is getting thin. But she might run out and buy the same size, which I guess doesn't solve the problem. :?

How does she even fit into the size 8s when she is a 14? Surely having her bosom that pressed up and in as per that photo is not comfortable?

If you are a close friend of hers the discussion will probably have to be had... Somewhere no-one else can hear though - speaking about it while riding probably isn't the best idea. But maybe don't mention the size you think she has gone to. If she has had to upsize all her other non-cycling clothes then surely she should realise if you drop the hint that her cycling clothes need to go the same way.

Lizzy

Postby Lizzy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Hmm, that's tough. I vote narrowly in favour of keeping schtum. Given the incident on the weekend, it appears feasible to leave that particular nasty job to one of the nasty people around the place. Then, when the penny finally drops you're there to pick up the pieces and take her shopping.

In any event, as Summernight says, the bit I don't get is how she is not in a state of mortal agony :shock: I'm circumspect enough about form-fitting apparel at the best of times but if I went four sizes down I'd feel like a busted sausage.
“Lexa”: 2012 Trek Lexa S; "Hannelore": 2019 Kalkhoff, "Teal Cecile" Reid traino shuttle

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:32 pm

These scenarios yiu get yourself involved in, and the names you apply to the players involved... great for a belly laugh! "Flobbya" :lol:

If this is real and not a bit of fun storytelling... I'd probably let them work it out for themselves. I've tried to help friends before and its just ended in an argument. Zometimes they just can't see it :lol:

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:37 pm

You don't have to say anything if you sabotage her kit. Broken nail snag, stray cable, or something? Last resort, hop over the back fence and be away with the offending articles while they are out on the line.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:53 am

bychosis wrote:Last resort, hop over the back fence and be away with the offending articles while they are out on the line.
A tart like Flobbya would not be allowed to live in Apple's neighbourhood, so its not so simple
and IIRC, anyone jumping over Apple's back fence is likely to drown in the harbour
:)
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Marty Moose

Postby Marty Moose » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:59 am

I had a similar issue once and did what was suggested above, I can see your backside your knicks are thin. I did this cause s few fellas thought out was great and she was/is no where near a grandma just young and very red faced at the time.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

toppity

Postby toppity » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 am

If she owns a mirror and is not legally blind then let her be. It is a choice she makes.
I ride several bicycles, but not at once.

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:26 am

Possibly you could use a third party communication. You will know what wording is suitable.

Example;
"This lady I know has been riding in the wrong size lycra, like forever and then I saw her on the weekend in a new set, the correct size and she looks great in it"
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

damhooligan

Postby damhooligan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am

toppity wrote:If she owns a mirror and is not legally blind then let her be. It is a choice she makes.
I was thinking the same.

She knows,and im sure wearing smaller sizes makes her feel sexier....
I think she is just upset with the 'grandma' bit of the other rider....

What you could do.. is also wear a smaller size....
And see how she reacts.....
The dutch have one word to describe the aussie MHL, this word is ;
SCHIJNVEILIGHEID !!

newie

Postby newie » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Let her be.
If the uncharitable comments of that other rider weren't enough to make her think twice about her riding gear, then a more subtle approach is probably not going make her change either. If she comments again about what was said, it could be the conversation opener you need. But I wouldn't be initiating the conversation. If she is happy in what she is wearing, then so be it. Only see-through knicks are open for comment, seeing it isn't something we can easily see for ourselves in the bedroom mirror.

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:14 pm

I think it depends on how 'touchy' the friend is. If she gets offended easily, I'd let it be. But if she takes constructive criticism well from a 'trusted friend', I think you can approach it but only with delicacy and still trying to let her keep her dignity.

Until the subject gets brought up though, it's all guess work. It will come down to how brave you are in approaching the topic.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:17 pm

twizzle wrote:I just had this vision of her chasing him down then stripping off the jersey and throwing it at him.

Sent from my iThingy...
Twizzle you grubby boy you. Now I have to struggle to get all sorts of images out of my own busy brain. :mrgreen:
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

Apple

Postby Apple » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:38 pm

Sorry I have not checked this.
OK guys we rode again :shock: Seriously, it is getting out of control, what was once a black knicks is now stretched to white, please don't ask me to post a picture. :shock: I can't and I want.
I had to sit on the front all the way the other day as I just couldnt have that on my face for 60 km, thats why I didn't post I am exhusted :oops:
I have to say thank you all for your great advice.
twizzle wrote:I just had this vision of her chasing him down then stripping off the jersey and throwing it at him.

Twizzle, she would have chased him but she would use her breasts like a vise on his head, trust me she is powerful. :twisted: I need to chose my words well.
Lizzy wrote:when the penny finally drops you're there to pick up the pieces and take her shopping.

In any event, as Summernight says, the bit I don't get is how she is not in a state of mortal agony :shock: I'm circumspect enough about form-fitting apparel at the best of times but if I went four sizes down I'd feel like a busted sausage.
Lizzy, the penny will never drop, :roll: she is one of those people that says. I used to be an athlete you know :roll:

damhooligan wrote: was thinking the same.

She knows,and im sure wearing smaller sizes makes her feel sexier....
I think she is just upset with the 'grandma' bit of the other rider....

What you could do.. is also wear a smaller size....
And see how she reacts.....
:shock: You want me to WHAT :twisted:
Never. My girls are well protected, have you ever seen gravel rash on those things. NOT GOOD dam you hooligan :D