Quality, comfortable bib shorts for women. Do they exist?

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Quality, comfortable bib shorts for women. Do they exist?

Postby Steph.89 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:21 pm

I'm looking for some new bib shorts and price aside I want to get a feel for which ones are flattering and comfortable!

I've worn Capo Custom and Castelli. Capo seem to be ok but the fit isn't great; they are a bit too loose around the waist.

Castelli custom kit bibs are extremely form-fitting but the fabric is a bit thin for my liking and the chamois is hopeless after a few washes.

The Rapha 3/4 bib knicks are wonderful and I curse the weather everytime it's too hot or cold to wear them.

Steph.89

by BNA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 pm

BNA

Re: Quality, comfortable bib shorts for women. Do they exist

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Steph.89 wrote:I'm looking for some new bib shorts and price aside I want to get a feel for which ones are flattering and comfortable!

I've worn Capo Custom and Castelli. Capo seem to be ok but the fit isn't great; they are a bit too loose around the waist.

Castelli custom kit bibs are extremely form-fitting but the fabric is a bit thin for my liking and the chamois is hopeless after a few washes.

The Rapha 3/4 bib knicks are wonderful and I curse the weather everytime it's too hot or cold to wear them.

Can you explain this for a bloke please, I would have thought comfort, would have been the main priority? :?

From reading the main problem for girls, it is the the um girly bit that is hidden, that seems too be the biggest problem and pressure put on it. :?:

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby RonK » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:56 pm

My wife usually wears Assos, but also rates Sugoi and Santini highly.

If you are shaped like the Assos model, no doubt you'll find them very flattering. :)
Last edited by RonK on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...
RonK

Postby jcjordan » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:57 pm

The girls I ride with swear by the santini eith the strap down the center
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home
jcjordan

Postby marinmomma » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:15 pm

Rapha do a regular women's bib now, I have a pair and they are great...very comfortable on longer rides as well as for racing. They have the same zippered front like the winter 3/4 ones.

Check out Saphora, a Brisbane based supplier of female cycling kit...the bibs are excellent i cant split them from the Rapha ones, have worn them racing and on long rides.

Leg length on both is just right, some brands have a short length on their ladies bibs/shorts.

Hth
Lisa
marinmomma

Postby isabella24 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:31 pm

For me, the only comfy bibs (and very flattering IMO) have been Assos. They fit me like a glove, the chamois doesn't move and are high enough in the waist to prevent any unsightly lumps! Yes, they're expensive, but I only buy them on sale. I think the most I've paid for a pair of the bib shorts was $140, and around $160 for the bib tights. I know RRP is normally much more, up to $250+ for the tights :-o but if you shop around in the online sales you can pick up some bargains.
isabella24

Postby Eleri » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:36 pm

My current favourites are Assos but one pair of those has a clasp that sometimes undoes, usually when climbing and then chokes me. I think I've fixed it by twisting the clasp round a bit more but then it doesn't sit as flat.

I quite like my Netti Elite bibs too.

I still wear my Skins bib knicks but they've always been too tight around the legs and leave unattractive bulges. They have gone a bit baggy round the arse of late as they've aged.
Eleri

Postby Dave R32 » Sat May 04, 2013 8:52 pm

My wife swears by her Skins bibs. At times Cell have them on special at very good prices.

Cheers
Dave.
Dave R32

Return to Women's Cycling