hello kitty cycling outfit

jeff_o

hello kitty cycling outfit

Postby jeff_o » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Hi, I have a lady friend who recently got into cycling. she's a huge fan of hello kitty and I was thinking of buying her a hello kitty matching jersey and gloves to start with. I googled and ebay'd around but couldn't find any. Any leads will be greatly appreciated :)

RonK

Re: hello kitty cycling outfit

Postby RonK » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:06 pm

Do you mean Vanderkitten by any chance?

Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:08 pm

In a past life I had dealings with Sanrio - they are hugely into stamping out counterfeit Hello Kitty goods... Or actually any goods that are unofficial 'Hello Kitty'.

If there isn't an official Hello Kitty cycling jersey or gloves made by Sanrio themselves then I have to say good luck. That's not to say that there isn't (you could always send Sanrio an email) but I do know Sanrio is very gung ho about stopping unofficial Hello Kitty goods from being sold.

I would suggest contacting Sanrio directly and asking whether they sell (or have licensed to someone else to sell) Hello Kitty for use on the jerseys and cycling gloves and ask who stocks them.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:17 pm

Interesting....they do "Manderkitten" kits now as well. Handy if I ever happen to run into Liz Hatch while out riding :-)
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:51 pm

Christine Tham is the resident Hello Kitty merchandise expert, if I remember correctly. She probably doesn't come here any more after the abuse she copped on her Strava thread a while back. :(

jeff_o

Postby jeff_o » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:16 pm

Ross wrote:Christine Tham is the resident Hello Kitty merchandise expert, if I remember correctly. She probably doesn't come here any more after the abuse she copped on her Strava thread a while back. :(
is there any other way to contact her?

coyote

Postby coyote » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:57 pm

On a different note, Target as a lovely Hello Kitty teacup clock radio, Digital display, Snooze control, Battery backup system for time/alarm. Was $39 now $31 save $8. :D

elem

Postby elem » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 am

Hi Jeff, i was on Ebay recently and have seen Hello Kitty jerseys, not sure about glove though. they have a pink one and a black one i think. i bought a snoopy jersey from them, took 3-4 weeks to arrive, but the price was good!

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:59 am

jeff_o wrote:
Ross wrote:Christine Tham is the resident Hello Kitty merchandise expert, if I remember correctly. She probably doesn't come here any more after the abuse she copped on her Strava thread a while back. :(
is there any other way to contact her?
https://www.facebook.com/chris1.tham?fref=ts
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

HiChris

Postby HiChris » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:08 pm

Well that's sad.