Need some inspiration?

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Need some inspiration?

Postby rifraf » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:40 am

G'day
Last weekend I was riding my new bike I've been building for touring use.
I wanted to make sure my panniers were adjusted properly to eliminate any heel strike issues (all good) when I noticed a rider coming towards me kitted out for travel (four pannier and rack bag, fuel bottle).
I crossed over to their side of the road and we introduced ourselves to each other.
The rider was Jet, a young Dutch woman who said she was heading northward, up the WA coast.
In our conversation we exchanged emails (as you do) and when I asked her if she was doing a blog she gave me a CGOAB link (crazy guy on a bike) which is a cycle tourist blog with many contributors (if you weren't aware).
I missed it in our conversation (I'm a male who doesnt listen :roll: :lol: :lol: ) but she has toured much of south east asia solo - I gleaned this from her blog which I found interesting reading.
Just thought I'd share the blog which I found amazing ( lone woman traveling world by bike - hey, I'm amazed reading about lone bloke cyclists traveling the world too - so an equal opportunity male chauvinist thank you)
http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/?o=1 ... 10007&v=Jb
Perhaps someone might find inspiration within her (or the others) pages to start their own epic adventure. :)
Surly Ogre, Carry Freedom Y-frame Trailer
rifraf

by BNA » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

BNA

Re: Need some inspiration?

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:25 am

I take my hat off to people like this! 8)

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Return to Women's Cycling