New Alternative to Knicks

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

New Alternative to Knicks

Postby wombatK » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:21 pm

These Chamois Panties (undergarments) could be a winner if you think you don't look good enough in standard knicks, but would they work any better ?

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
wombatK

by BNA » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:57 pm

BNA

Re: New Alternative to Knicks

Postby thecaptn » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:57 pm

They definitley look better.
thecaptn

Postby newie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 pm

Can't say they would work for me. They don't come down far enough so the leg hem would bunch or chafe. I have some underpants with a chamois but they are more in the style of a short. I would be up for something that looks a bit more stylish though like those ones are.
newie

Postby Eleri » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:33 am

If I ride, say 20km, on my SMP Lite without knicks then the only thing that happens is chafing around the knicker line. These wouldn't solve that problem because they still have a knicker line. But they look cute I guess.
Eleri

Postby gorilla monsoon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:33 pm

I reckon I'd look pretty good in those stripey ones. I'd wear those and leave my bibs at home. Nice with summer coming on.
Some days you are a big, strutting rooster, some days you are a bit chicken and some days you are just a complete cocque. Roger Ramjet: 2009 Giant CRX3 Spockette: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 (WSD, property of Mrs Monsoon) Lady Penelope: 2011 Avanti Cadent 1.0 TdF
gorilla monsoon

Postby wombatK » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:41 pm

Eleri wrote:If I ride, say 20km, on my SMP Lite without knicks then the only thing that happens is chafing around the knicker line. These wouldn't solve that problem because they still have a knicker line. But they look cute I guess.

Could the stretch lycra fabric get them to fit and stay in place a bit better than non-cycling knickers ? Maybe the result would depend on what type of shorts you wore over the top - anything too loose with a bulky seam might work towards the knicker line and give you grief.

My daughters don't like wearing cycling knicks - it makes them look more pro than they are, and I suspect it's a fashion thing too. So might be worth them giving these a try out.
gorillamonsoon wrote:I reckon I'd look pretty good in those stripey ones.

So maybe there's a market for a male version :)

Cheers
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia
wombatK

Postby gorilla monsoon » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

No "maybe" about it, Mr Wombat. Pair those with a bluey singlet and a pair of cleated thongs (flip-flops, jandals, whatever ya want to call 'em) and you have some serious kit.
Some days you are a big, strutting rooster, some days you are a bit chicken and some days you are just a complete cocque. Roger Ramjet: 2009 Giant CRX3 Spockette: 2009 Trek FX 7.3 (WSD, property of Mrs Monsoon) Lady Penelope: 2011 Avanti Cadent 1.0 TdF
gorilla monsoon

Postby KBike » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:48 am

I think they are a great idea. They would be useful touring when you want or need to wear everyday clothing but other than that I am not sure when they would be useful. The only time I wear Knicks is if i am going on a ride 30kms or more which is when I need padding.

I cringed when I saw they were called 'panties'.
KBike

Postby Leiothrix » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:24 pm

Admittedly I'm male, but they don't look particularly useful.

Doesn't look to be enough width in the padding at the rear, plus you'd chafe at the hems.

Whenever anyone has a problem with chafing the first thing everyone says is "don't wear underwear under your knicks", so I'm not really sure the point of these.
Leiothrix

Postby gorilla monsoon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Well I'd wear them instead of knicks. (if I was a female person.)
gorilla monsoon

Postby Parker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:35 pm

I wouldn't wear them
Parker

Postby gorilla monsoon » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:45 pm

I'd be going with the bigger stripey pair rather than the black, skimpy ones with the see-through sides. I am a fuller-figured chap after all. :D
gorilla monsoon

Postby Baldy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:03 pm

In all those tv ads for female hygiene products the ladies are riding bikes.

Just sayin...

The other thing worth mentioning is no man ever chose a pair of undies based on the chance he might get to show them off at some stage during his ride or day.
Baldy

Postby gorilla monsoon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:49 pm

Baldy wrote:The other thing worth mentioning is no man ever chose a pair of undies based on the chance he might get to show them off at some stage during his ride or day.

Speak for yourself!
gorilla monsoon

Return to Women's Cycling