Vintage style bike

Got Questions? Need advice?
Join other women in discussing cycling.

Vintage style bike

Postby Stockio » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:45 pm

I am looking to buy a vintage style ladies bike. Budget approx $300. Am struggling to find something in this price range ..looked on gumtree and ebay for used, but no luck (in my area). Any advice as to where I could buy ? Have seen some online but not in Adelaide..Perth, Melbourne, Sydney seems more affordable!
Stockio

by BNA » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:50 am

BNA

Re: Vintage style bike

Postby foo on patrol » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:50 am

Are you talking Ladies bike, as in no top bar?

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km
foo on patrol

Postby rebilda » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:48 pm

A mate of mine bought a ladies bike from Cell, for his girlfriend. I am sure that is was only $300.

Classic looking step through frame, big springy saddle.....even has a basket on the handlebars. Heavy though.
My Garage = Restored Paino - the "Fixie" - Giant Trance X2 - Azzurri Forza Pro Di2 - GT Avalanche 1 & 2
rebilda

Postby Venus62 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:36 pm

rebilda wrote:A mate of mine bought a ladies bike from Cell, for his girlfriend. I am sure that is was only $300.

Classic looking step through frame, big springy saddle.....even has a basket on the handlebars. Heavy though.

Yep, take a look at the Cell Cycles site. My daughter bought hers from there and she adores it. Hers is the Syren.
Venus62

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Reid Cycles do the Vintage Style bikes and well within your budget - plus they take online orders as well instore orders - so have a store in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

It is fair to note that these are modern vintage style - so not actual vintage bikes or from European brands. If this was what you were after you would have to keep looking through ebay and gumtree. The Reid bikes will get you on the road.

Cell Bikes are a retailer with Sydney and Melbourne stores and are really go with online sales. Not sure of their offering in this price segment and the cost of shipping however they are worth checking out.
AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Women's Cycling