keeping hair clean?

ColinOldnCranky

Re: keeping hair clean?

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:01 pm

softy wrote:
gorilla monsoon wrote:The valid argument is that there is already a MHL thread on these forums and constant preaching about it at every opportunity does nothing to change the issue.
As for keeping hair clean? Keep the inside of your helmet clean, wear a bandanna and carry some dry shampoo in your kit. Not difficult at all.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I in the nicest way have to disagree. A helmet goes on your head and has a huge impact on how it looks when you take it off at the end of the ride. My hair when I arrive at work is not in a presentable state, it has air vent lines, is very sweaty and is in a state to attract laughter, if I did nothing with it , I wouldn't be surprised if I was told to go home, if I did not shower first, wash it, dry it and make it presentable.

As this thread is about hair being not clean or presentable at the end of a ride, the helmet I feel it is a valid point as in many european countries they do ride to work and their hair is uneffected by sweat or compression.

So I do believe it is valid.
Even when I had any, I did not care about what a helmet did to my hair.

But since forever people (and now no longer exclusive to women) have spent a lot of money and a lot of time on managing their hair. It's part of a multi-billion dollar industry. It is therefore undeniable that it is of significant importance to many many people.

It therefore follows that the requirement to wear a helmet MUST turn a lot of people of riding.

( Yes, there are plenty of anti-MHL people that use any and every post a segue into an anti-MHL rant. I find it wears a bit thin. And I'm one who SUPPORTS the move to kill compulsory helmets! Give it a break guys.)

And it then follows that hair IS relevant to the MHL debate.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle