New Bike Advice 80/20 Onroad/Offroad Cycling

Shiregirl

New Bike Advice 80/20 Onroad/Offroad Cycling

Postby Shiregirl » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:37 am

My husband and I spend 6 months of the year travelling around Australia with car and offroad caravan and I'm hoping someone can give me some advice on a bike suitable for riding mostly onroad and the occasional offroad.

I recently bought a women's Specialized Vita Elite Carbon Disc flat bar which I love riding, but isn't suitable for the various riding conditions while we're travelling. The Vita will stay at home for these trips.

Most of our riding is around small towns along the way - to or from the pub for lunch, or riding just for the pleasure of being out there. We'd probably ride up to about 40 kms per outing - depends how far away the pub is :D and we also do some tracks and trails when we can. We generally don't tackle anything much trickier than something like Lady Carrington Drive in the Royal NP in Sydney - a modulating 10 kms of dirt, stoney sections, puddles, the occasional tree root and some steep sections.

I've researched the Specialized Ariel Comp which seems to fit the bill, but wonder if it's tough enough to handle the tracks and trails. I'm stuck on the Specialized at the moment, but wonder what else would be suitable.

Johnelliss1

Re: New Bike Advice 80/20 Onroad/Offroad Cycling

Postby Johnelliss1 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:21 pm

you can take advice bike travel how can his comfort and what's requirement.