Newbie who's just joined!

Emzy

Newbie who's just joined!

Postby Emzy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:59 pm

Hey all,
Just saying Hi!
Started riding again a couple of months ago after being re introduce to by a bloke friend :roll:
Been on a health kick the last 6 months and have lost just over 25kgs..
Started riding on a super old Malvern star mountain bike given to me, which has served me well but have just up graded to a Merida Crossway 100 which I'm super excited about! (Pick it up in 2 days, yeah)
Ride for fitness and recreation and would love to find some like minded people since all my friends refuse to get on a bike. Mostly ride by myself and go wherever the road and tracks take me, but would be cool to have company!

That's me in a nut shell pretty much, try to get out as often as I can in between work and kids.
Thanks for letting stick around :-)

find_bruce

Re: Newbie who's just joined!

Postby find_bruce » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Welcome outside Emzy. That's some impressive weight loss in 6 months, well done.
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

zebee

Postby zebee » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 pm

Check the state based groups for possible riding partners. If you are in Sydney then keep an eye out for the retro rides which are very cruisy.

If you want more go then the Sydney Who Wants To Ride thread has several complete nutters who think hills are for riding up rather than down....

Emzy

Postby Emzy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I'm in Melbourne western suburbs but I'll definitely have a poke around :-)