Goldcross Flight 700c

Positive discussion on ebikes and pedal assist bicycles

Goldcross Flight 700c

Postby smoran » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 pm

Has anyone had any experience with this ebike? http://www.goldcross.com.au/online-stor ... escription

Sounds quite attractive for the price - Integrated Shimano 7 speed gears - LiPo Battery - Torq Pedal Sensor - rear drum brake - all for $1600.

I'm sure its not the build quality of a Gazelle Innergy but it seems to have the core features at a third of the price.
smoran

by BNA » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 pm

BNA

Re: Goldcross Flight 700c

Postby Joeblake » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Caveat.

Fitting motor and battery increases the mass and therefore inertia of the machine. I'd be a little cautious with the drum brake. Yes, it's the rear wheel, which does less braking than the front wheel when the weight transfers forward, but my experience with bikes and trikes with different sized wheels shows that the drum brake is more effective inversely to the radius of the wheel. In other words, the larger the wheel the less effective the brake. (Bearing mind that even though a drum brake is better than a caliper/rim brake in the wet, I don't ride in the wet very much, other than my motorcycle, with disc brakes.)

Joe
To acquire immunity to eloquence is of the utmost importance to the citizens of a democracy
Bertrand Russell
Many people feel their lifestyle has a high price, but they're quite cool with that .. as long as somebody ELSE pays the price.
Joeblake

Return to Electric Bicycles