2013 BH Emotion Neo Cross

Positive discussion on ebikes and pedal assist bicycles

2013 BH Emotion Neo Cross

Postby Aushiker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 pm

I would appreciate feedback on this 2013 BH Emotion Neo Cross which is still under warranty apparently (need to confirm that it passes on to a new owner). The seller is asking $1,950 and Dolomiti have them in Melbourne for $2,499. The retail price is or was $2,999.

It is not 100% what I would like (lacks mudguards, dynamo or a e-powered lighting system) but then for the right price it might be okay.

The only fully specified BH Emotion Neo Nitro for $3,699 so in comparison terms I guess there is a lot room to play. I wonder too if that front fork could be easily swapped out for rigid one. Oh there is also a local dealer if required.

I also had a look at the Gazelle Orange Plus X2 at $3,299 complete with a silver battery. I can test ride one at the moment but looking at it, the riding position is very sit-up which worries me a bit given I ride into some serious head-winds and the whole point of an electric bike is to make that ride far more enjoyable. Am I really going to gain much here? Can I run lights directly off the e-bike system?

To me from what I have found so far the options are:

BH Emotion Neo Cross or a new bike in their range such as the Race - $1,950 +
Bergamont E-line CMGN at $4,750 which is really out of my price range but the NuVinci 360 hub, belt drive, Bosch motor all appeal :)
Gazelle Orange Plus X2 at $3,299

I looked into a BionX but at around $2,000 I am really not much better off than a new bike ready to go unless I fit the kit to my Bacchetta Giro ATT 20 and then again I can get a BH Emotion Neo Cross for the same or less dollars.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Aushiker

by BNA » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 pm

BNA

Re: 2013 BH Emotion Neo Cross

Postby Aushiker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:53 pm

This is too small for me as it is a medium. That said it looks like a good buy for someone.

Andrew
Aushiker

Postby geebee » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:04 pm

I would be tempted to put a kit on the Bacchetta as at least it will be new and under warranty and you know the bike, personally I would give the BionX a miss, doesn't free wheel so always some drag and a mate who had one had a multiple issues under warranty and then just out of warranty the motor casing broke in half!
Have you ever ridden an eZee bike? their bikes tend to old fashion and in my view ugly but their kit has a 2 year warranty from memory and a lot of torque they are geared hubs so freewheel without drag (on a local test ride day the rider before me was to scared to use any setting above 3) the one I tried sat on 32kph on the motor only and they have PAS and throttle, one little issue they cost around $1500.00 with battery, they are a much better kit than most of the others on the market, and will pull around 800w peak and are fully legal :) and get great reviews from owners.
If you are into Diy crank drive kits are available Bafang BBS01 but you would need to source batteries etc.
There has been a fair few BH bike on Ebay lately.
geebee

Postby Aushiker » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:15 pm

geebee wrote:Have you ever ridden an eZee bike?

Not ridden anything as yet; can't ride a bike for at least three more weeks.

If you are into Diy crank drive kits are available Bafang BBS01 but you would need to source batteries etc.

Haven't heard of these so will look into them further.

Thanks
Andrew
Aushiker

Return to Electric Bicycles