If only, new ebike regs California

geebee

If only, new ebike regs California

Postby geebee » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:56 pm

The type 3 may help move a lot of cars and scooters off the road, I would love to use one of my trikes as a mini electric car, never going to happen in Oz though.
http://www.bicycleretailer.com/north-am ... ht09nqqpBf

softy

Re: If only, new ebike regs California

Postby softy » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:19 am

They already have this in europe;

S pedelec, it is a pedelec bike without the 25km restriction, but the bike needs to be registered and I believe a helmet worn.

They are normal capable of 40km about.

geebee

Postby geebee » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:56 pm

softy wrote:They already have this in europe;

S pedelec, it is a pedelec bike without the 25km restriction, but the bike needs to be registered and I believe a helmet worn.

They are normal capable of 40km about.

Not really the s ebikes are limited to 1kw, it looks like the California ones are going for no kw limit!
But they are not bicycles anymore, but as I said in my post they would make a nice light electric vehicle ie. car or motorbike.

cj7hawk

Postby cj7hawk » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:55 am

This is a good way to develop technology - Keep in mind you don't need a crystal ball to look 30 to 50 years into the future, and even with the most positive of perspectives, increasing powered cycle use is a given over that timeframe. Concentrating a lot of patents in that region while pushing things like the TPP means they can use this technology to build new industries that won't appear for the next 10 years.

Regards
David