E Bike at VicRoads Office

Mike Ayling

E Bike at VicRoads Office

Postby Mike Ayling » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Our 20 yo Falcon has gone to the great garage in the sky and I had to cancel the rego and hand in the number plates at the local Vicroads office. (we do have another car.)

Anyway on my way out I saw a bloke locking an ebike so i said G'day as you do and he raved on about why more people didn't ride ebikes instead of their poluting motor cars etc etc.

I then had a brainwave and asked why he had need to visit Vicroads if he was riding an Ebike.

Embarassed cough then he advised that the rego on his vehicle has expired and he was there to renew it.

Anyway he was riding his ebike instead of his car.

Mike
Recreational e bikes - for the sick, lame and lazy!

Rusty Two Wheels

Re: E Bike at VicRoads Office

Postby Rusty Two Wheels » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:11 pm

I think this goes to show that electric bicycles while wonderful are inadequate for this Australian's life.

Ebikes have their niche and with more power (1kw at the wheel) we could get further without stinking of sweat, wasting too much time, being exhausted or carrying the burden of a petrol vehicle. Just my 2c.

Mububban

Re: E Bike at VicRoads Office

Postby Mububban » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:36 pm

Ebikes are brilliant and the way of the future for casual cycling and commuting. They'll never replace unpowered cycling as a sport and fitness option, but are brilliant for almost anyone in any situation to get them out of cars and onto 2 wheels.
Couple that with the proliferation of rooftop solar panels in Australia, and battery charging becomes largely a non-issue.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!