RAC electric bike trials

Mububban

RAC electric bike trials

Postby Mububban » Mon May 29, 2017 1:20 pm

From memory, the RAC ran an electric bike trial in the Perth CBD, aiming to entice drivers out of their cars, that was very successful. Many of the test riders chose to buy their test bike and keep riding after the trial ended.

They've just done an article on their Albany trial, which again was very successful.

Coming back from Japan recently, I'd say a good 10% of bikes were e-bikes. China is selling them by the milions. They're the way of the future for inner city transport and short trips.

When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Mububban

Re: RAC electric bike trials

Postby Mububban » Mon May 29, 2017 1:27 pm

I just found the infographic from the 2015 trial:

When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

ChrisR24

Postby ChrisR24 » Wed May 31, 2017 9:20 am

Excellent idea. This type of thing should be combined with things like the "bike to work" month, etc. and promoted Oz wide, etc.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed May 31, 2017 10:57 am

I love that the RAC are not just a CAR advocacy group, but a TRANSPORT advocacy group - so they advocate for cycling, and public transport, as well as road use.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed May 31, 2017 5:19 pm

Good things are good regardless of who does it, but beware of the blinkers :D
RAC regularly feature bicycles in their media, so I approached them once. I found their limit for bicycles :) They probably have corporate responsibility to their members, who presumably identify as motor vehicles. Perhaps one day there will be more trans-porter-identifying members ;)

This was after I asked if they'd share the petition for support of MPD law in WA.

Kickstarter explains the issue of public benefit and corporate liability when they announced they'd become a public benefit corporation.
https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/kickst ... orporation

Mind you, the RAC had a better response than WestCycle, who responded as if I was asking them to self administer a catheter. IMO WestCycle can shove their tax payer funded NFP representation up their... :oops: