EBIKES... WHERE ARE WE ALL???

drones

EBIKES... WHERE ARE WE ALL???

Postby drones » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Like I said in my last post I have been enjoying the building and riding my BBSHD "Mid mount motor" But some how I miss the social part of it as since I've been involved I haven't seen anybody around but one or two solo riders that didn't show much interest in saying hello and engaging in a conversation like " Gee that's a nice bike! do you ride often?" Anyway I reside in wanderfull North Queensland and it would be nice if I could meet people like myself riding electric bikes.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EBIKES... WHERE ARE WE ALL???

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:23 am

Ebikes are generally functional, there are enthusiasts but ebikes can differ because the purpose is riding or travel and the motor simply facilitates travel. For others like MTBer or road cyclists, the type of bike and the performance and style can be very significant parts of the experience and lend themself more to the social part of cycling.

I would orientate on connecting with other riders who want to take the same type of rides than ebikers specifically.
Cycling is in my BNA

zebee

Postby zebee » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:05 am

I've been hanging off taking the e-trike on bike runs because I do feel the motor is cheating. And that others will feel the same.

Not to mention battery fear! The trike does 40 km on half a tank at level 2 of 4 so theory says 80-90 at level one will be fine. It's a heavy old bus though even without the motor so slow without motor and not that much faster with level 1 assistance. I'm just scared to do a long ride at level 2.

So generally if I'm going out with other riders I'm on the two wheeled recumbent not the electric trike. I keep the trike for the jobs it was got for: heavy haulage and the commuting grind up those blasted hills.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:59 am

Get onto some facebook pages. Word of warning though, it's a bit of a bogan fest where everyone has noticeably illegal bikes.

I ride with my 3 ebike buddies and we do fire trails so not often visible on normal trails.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

NOVISCOTT

Postby NOVISCOTT » Fri May 04, 2018 4:45 pm

Where are we all? Out riding of course :)

I've started to notice many more on the road lately. Whether that is a boost in popularity or I'm just taking more notice I don't know.