Ribble now has a road e-bike

Ross

Ribble now has a road e-bike

Postby Ross » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:41 am

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-endurance-sl-e/

I like this. It has the stealth look, unlike the (IMO) fugly Trek Domane I posted about in another recent thread. Well specced with SRAM Red eTap, Vision carbon wheels (lower specced versions with Shimano 105 and Ultegra mechanical or Di2 groupsets also available - the latter 2 versions appear to be the same price)

Weighing as little as 11kg the SLe has positioned itself as the lightest e-road bike range in the World, offering the rider up to 40NM of smooth and controlled power assistance on climbs and up to 26km/h through 3 power settings combined with a 250w internal battery capacity (or up to 750w with the additional external battery packs) all of this is built into a superlight chassis that has all the attributes of a cutting edge high-end road bike.

redsonic

Re: Ribble now has a road e-bike

Postby redsonic » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:33 am

Looks nice, but I didn't see anywhere stating the battery is replaceable, unlike the Trek.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:41 am

You may be right but I don't really see that as being an issue if my Di2 batteries are anything to go by. The rest of the bike will most likely be worn out before the battery needs replacing.

chriso_29er

Postby chriso_29er » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Strava's leaderboards just became even more irrelevant, even the marketing mentions chasing KOM's lol.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:41 pm

Batteries don't last forever. I would hope it's replaceable. If it's a LiPo and built-in, if it puffs, it will threaten the structural integrity of the frame.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:34 pm

The Orbea Gain is similarly stealthy in its design, and apparently has a removable battery so perhaps this one does too? If not I'd say that's a big turn off if you plan to keep the bike for 10+ years like you would a normal bike.

https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/prod ... ght-384423

In all the Ribble promo photos, you don't get to see an interior shot of the down tube ie where the bottle cage mounts into. Perhaps there's a battery flap there?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:52 am

The orbea uses the same motor from ebikemotion.
https://www.ebikemotion.com/web/x35-lig ... ke-system/

They both have a rear hub drive motor and this is a slightly different handling and weight distribution to the (preferred) mid-drive option. Looks like a fairly sleek machine though and I can't really understand why it would be a closed battery. A lot of bikes have a plate on the bottom bracket and I wouldn't be surprised if there was infact an access option under the downtube.

Cycling is in my BNA