THAT Facebook page, about rego...

wellington_street
Posts: 1625
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby wellington_street » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:17 pm

:lol:

User avatar
rpmspinman
Posts: 451
Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:50 am
Location: on a chair in lycra

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:44 pm

brades68 wrote:A parody page is up - pretty funny stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drivers-for-registration-of-cyclists/505284529597371?fref=nf

NOTE: Make sure your sarcasm detector is switched on to 11!


That page is classic. My sarcasm detector is going nuts. So funny, but so true. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)

Johnny_Monkey
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:04 am
Location: Ashburton, NZ.

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby Johnny_Monkey » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:13 pm

I was banned from posting for a couple of weeks but I am now unbanned. It might be that FB only allows a certain number of people to be banned per page. Anyway, the majority of the interlocutors on the page have very poor grammar and think abuse is arguing. It really is depressing that there are such ignorant people driving on the roads.

I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner. The chances of rego for bikes happening is nil.

User avatar
casual_cyclist
Posts: 7758
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Kewdale

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:30 pm

brades68 wrote:A parody page is up - pretty funny stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Drivers-for-registration-of-cyclists/505284529597371?fref=nf

NOTE: Make sure your sarcasm detector is switched on to 11!

That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?
<removed by request>

User avatar
skull
Posts: 1964
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:48 pm

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby skull » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:33 pm

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner.


Or don't even bother.

It isn't an argument if your arguing with a brick wall.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

User avatar
silentC
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Far South Coast NSW

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby silentC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Yes in my experience, social media is not the place to have a rational debate. And commenting on that Facebook page is a bit like walking into a bikie club wearing a temperance union t-shirt :)

User avatar
17sjs
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: Ipswich, QLD

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby 17sjs » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Johnny_Monkey wrote:I would suggest that if anyone wishes to post there they do not get sucked in to posting personal abuse but argue in a calm and rational manner.


I'd actually request that nobody post there, at all. Let them enjoy patting each other on the back and keep them under their rock.

Facebook effectively works like this: the more you post on a page, the more your friends see that you're posting. So every time you type, you expand their reach.

Starve them of attention and they'll fade into the irrelevance they all so richly deserve.

After all, if they were really as popular as they thought, they wouldn't have had a like farming group add 8k likes literally overnight. More than a little amusing that their demographic reads as predominantly 18-24yr olds from Istanbul...
Image

User avatar
casual_cyclist
Posts: 7758
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Kewdale

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby casual_cyclist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:16 pm

silentC wrote:Yes in my experience, social media is not the place to have a rational debate. And commenting on that Facebook page is a bit like walking into a bikie club wearing a temperance union t-shirt :)

I walked into a seedy pub in country Western Australia wearing full "lycra". I got some odd looks but no trouble. Not a lot of cyclists around those parts.
<removed by request>

User avatar
silentC
Posts: 1533
Joined: Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 pm
Location: Far South Coast NSW

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby silentC » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:26 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of going in there and trying to convince them that they should give up alcohol :)

But I went to a motorbike show behind the local pub a couple of years ago. I was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a push bike and the words 'Zero Emissions'. All these hairy bikers there and it took a lady selling raffle tickets to say "you're game wearing that here".

User avatar
Lukeyboy
Posts: 3141
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 2:38 am

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby Lukeyboy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

silentC wrote:But I went to a motorbike show behind the local pub a couple of years ago. I was wearing a t-shirt with a picture of a push bike and the words 'Zero Emissions'. All these hairy bikers there and it took a lady selling raffle tickets to say "you're game wearing that here".


"Does dad know?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

User avatar
yugyug
Posts: 1753
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:27 am

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby yugyug » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:01 pm

17sjs wrote:
Johnny_Monkey wrote:Facebook effectively works like this: the more you post on a page, the more your friends see that you're posting. So every time you type, you expand their reach.


Well you can post, and then hide your comment or post from your feed. And thats probably a smart thing to do for that reason.


That click farm thing is hilarious.

Johnny_Monkey
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:04 am
Location: Ashburton, NZ.

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby Johnny_Monkey » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:34 am

casual_cyclist wrote:That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?


If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.

User avatar
biker jk
Posts: 4705
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby biker jk » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:32 am

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
casual_cyclist wrote:That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?


If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.


Are you sure you're looking at the satirical page?

User avatar
InTheWoods
Posts: 1739
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby InTheWoods » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:32 am

Johnny_Monkey wrote:
casual_cyclist wrote:That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?


If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.


Johnny there are two different pages, a satire one and Jai Christensen's one. Big difference between the two.

User avatar
casual_cyclist
Posts: 7758
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:41 am
Location: Kewdale

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby casual_cyclist » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:54 pm

InTheWoods wrote:
Johnny_Monkey wrote:
casual_cyclist wrote:That's a brilliant page! I was reading it the other day and spotted immediately that it is a cycling advocate page. I wonder if all the "likers" realise that?

If you look at the owners personal FB page, his name is Jai Christensen, you will see no evidence of cycling likes and lots of redneck likes.

Johnny there are two different pages, a satire one and Jai Christensen's one. Big difference between the two.

I was referring to the satire one... which I found very amusing. I haven't seen the "other one" so I can't comment on that.
<removed by request>

cp123
Posts: 1337
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby cp123 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 am

Hey Ox - not sure if you know - but you're the target of the week on that dumbnut page... DRFOB on FB.

why oh why did I look..... sigh...

User avatar
Summernight
Posts: 2073
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:40 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby Summernight » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:20 am

cp123 wrote:Hey Ox - not sure if you know - but you're the target of the week on that dumbnut page... DRFOB on FB.

why oh why did I look..... sigh...


I thought the admin of that page had reformed his ways??? :roll:

User avatar
ldrcycles
Posts: 8147
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Location: Kin Kin, Queensland

Re: THAT Facebook page, about rego...

Postby ldrcycles » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:39 am

The Axis of Evil- North Korea, Iran and Oxford :lol: .
When man invented the bicycle he reached the peak of his attainments- Elizabeth West.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users