Bicycle User Rights, State by State (Plain English Only)

il padrone

Re: Bicycle User Rights, State by State (Plain English Only)

Postby il padrone » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:37 pm

The Womble wrote:
il padrone wrote:
high_tea wrote:How's that? That's the primary purpose of rules 131 and 132 (Qld and NSW). I fail to see how it is the primary purpose of r129.
Again, that is for thr benefit of international drivers
As far as I know r.129 applies to all drivers and riders, and the purpose is to ensure people keep left on two-lane roads, as isgnified by that sign :roll:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:00 pm

And to ensure that drivers stay in Australia rather than drive too far to the left. How could I have missed it?

high_tea

Postby high_tea » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 pm

As far as I know r.129 applies to all drivers and riders, and the purpose is to ensure people keep left on two-lane roads, as isgnified by that sign
Except it doesn't apply to motorcyclists: r129(2) and it needn't be a 2-lane road, just not a multi-lane one.

My point about it's primary purpose stands. Not only are there other rules clearly aimed at avoiding head-ons, but r129 applies on one-way roads where head-ons shouldn't happen. The act, read as a whole, does not support the contention that r129 is primarily aimed at avoiding head-on collisions.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 pm

i nominate this as the dumbest discussion of the week. the rule is fairly straightforward, yet the discussion just goes round and round, returning to the same points that have been clarified, over and over.

The Womble

Postby The Womble » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 pm

jules21 wrote:i nominate this as the dumbest discussion of the week. the rule is fairly straightforward, yet the discussion just goes round and round, returning to the same points that have been clarified, over and over.
It took this long?