In an accident? You need to know this.

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Re: In an accident? You need to know this.

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:36 pm

Reading your story makes me glad I sold my Suzuki SV.

I know my wife was happy the day it went. :)

One license disqualification for excessive speed was enough. Looking back i just shudder thinking about all the close calls I've had on motorbikes as a result of my and other people's actions. I should of died numerous times but luckily never came off.

I seriously don't miss it. I would rather ride my pushie up Mt Mee or Glorious than ride another moto.
singlespeedscott

by BNA » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:45 pm

BNA

Postby jules21 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:45 pm

all the best Ox. it's easy to feel sorry for yourself in those situations and i wouldn't blame you one bit, but from where i'm sitting, i'm in awe of your strength. no one could go through all of that and be unaffected. keep fighting mate and stay on the rehab path - it is/will be worth it! keep us updated too. it's strangely inspiring to read about how you cope with all that. just keep it up, you're slowly winning.
jules21

Postby jdawsoner » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:33 pm

I recently got in a small accident and my mistake was not calling the cops. This was my first time , so I did not know what to do, although I think the driver was at fault. I went searching online and before finding this post, got some clues from this article : What to do if you are on a bike and got hit by a car . Has some good tips , such as :
"If you said to a witness “I didn’t see the car before it hit me” the insurance company hears “I wasn’t paying attention”. If you said “the car must have moved into my lane to hit me” the insurance company hears “ I wasn’t in my lane when the car hit me”."
jdawsoner

Previous

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy