Survey: new Bike Plan for Ku-ring-gai - Ends 7th Mar 2012

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Survey: new Bike Plan for Ku-ring-gai - Ends 7th Mar 2012

Postby moodster » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi all

I hope this is the right part of the forum for this. Kuringai/Ku-Ring-Gai council (this is NSW, Sydney Upper North Shore area) are working on a new bicycle plan and routes. I did search and couldn't find it mentioned elsewhere on this forum yet.

Your chance for input now until 7th March 2012. As a local and fairly new rider I'm pretty fed up with having to ride on Pacific Highway and having so many close calls with aggressive drivers on at least 50% of my rides. I'd definitely appreciate other riders putting their input in!

Link to the page:
http://www.kmc.nsw.gov.au/www/html/4942 ... e-plan.asp
Direct link to the survey:
http://ku-ring-gaicouncil.createsend1.c ... ikwbtk/ir/

Here's the blurb:
"
Ku-ring-gai Bike Plan

We're working on upgrading and providing new cycleways in Ku-ring-gai to meet the community's needs for the future.

The first step is to prepare a new bike plan. We've engaged consultants GHD to undertake a study of cycling behaviour and opportunities for improvement. Some of the issues GHD will look at include:

improving safety and convenience with on- and off-road cycleways
identifying and meeting the needs of all cyclists (including recreational, racing, tourist and young cyclists)
understanding why people don't cycle
identifying potential cycling links to other council areas
GHD's study will inform our new bike plan, which will be available for public comment later this year.

Have your say - win free movie tickets

We need your input! Let us know what improvements you'd like to see to riding in Ku-ring-gai by taking our online survey.

Take the survey

The survey closes on Wednesday 7 March. All feedback is welcome, whether you're an active cyclist or not.

All participants will go in the running to win two free movie tickets - we've got 10 sets up for grabs.

More info

Contact Joseph Piccoli on 9424 0962 or email [email protected]
"
moodster

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy