Vic Roads to re-issue Dooring Stickers

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Vic Roads to re-issue Dooring Stickers

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 am

I just recieved this email from Marcel Lima of Beach Rd Cyclist:

Hi all,
AGREAT NEWS!    Boyd has just informed me that he has  been contacted by The Age Political Reporter Reid Sexton , to inform Boyd that Vic Roads will be putting out a Press Release in the next few days to announce the reprinting of the stickers, great work Boyd!,  apparently 4 new designs will be up for comment. It is great to see Vic Roads reinstating the stickers which they first  printed  many many  years ago for the Vic Roads Share Respect/Share the Road campaigns, which I recall they fully backed and sponsored many years ago, obviously they where ahead of their time and it is great to see them taking the initiative again. On a side note I would like to clarify  comments made in earlier emails re Vic roads efforts towards cycling safety, that being that both  Dr James Taylor and I where present at many meetings many years ago, where Vic Roads offered the cycling community  large sponsorship dollars so as  to be put towards the running of a cycling safety study into these very important safety topics we are now  discussing and  not one cycling lobby group stepped in to take the initiate, there for the study fell to Sandringham Hospital to get it off the ground.
Anyway our efforts and commitments to making cycling safer for our community have been noted and have been rewarded. I would like to congratulate Boyd on his fantastic work.  In the past 12 years of cycling lobbying work , I have not witnessed a more tenacious and passionate effort with regards to these issues of ours of improving the safety of cyclists on our roads as I have witnessed by him in the past few months. I would also like to mention and say once again thanks to Klaus Mueller for sticking his head above the parapet once again  by publicly supporting Boyd in his efforts to get these stickers re-issued at  this very important time in the campaign to make  cycling safer  in Victoria/Australia. For those who do not know Klaus he is the head of Australian cycling and has been a strong advocate of safe cycling for many years and was instrumental in the Beach Rd campaign. 

once again well done all
Last edited by The 2nd Womble on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
The 2nd Womble

by BNA » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am

BNA

Re: Vic Roads to re-issue Dorring Stickers

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:11 am

Go Boyd me ol' mate!!!

The 2nd Womble

Re: Vic Roads to re-issue Dooring Stickers

Postby The 2nd Womble » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:24 am

On a side note, it's beoming very VERY frustrating to have seen Boyd Fraser doing all of the ground work for this single handedly, while the many Victorian Advocate and lobby groups sat back and watched. And now Boyd has gained a (hard won) result, these "Advocates" and Groups come out of the woodwork to jump onboard. Boyd is right to be more than a little miffed concidering he's beenntrying to gain additional support for this for four months, and none of the key players could be bothered. VicRoads and the Govt don't (which is perfectly understandable) deal too much with those from interstate, but with Boyd chomping at the bit they have enough problems :)
I can tell you that any serious change effected in Victoria in the coming months and years will be because Boyd lobbied hard for it like you wouldn't believe.
...only for others to jump in and take the cudos.

The 2nd Womble

Re: Vic Roads to re-issue Dooring Stickers

Postby grasshopper » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 am

The Age story is here. VicRoads is floating some cutesy :roll: sticker designs on RUOA atm, so the presses aren't quite rolling yet.
grasshopper

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy