National Ninja Day - Saturday Oct 6.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: National Ninja Day - Saturday Oct 6.

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:33 am

Ok, I sent the footage off to CSI, Horatio Caine reportedly said "Well I think we found our [sunnies on] Ninja".

Though the cyclist was completely dark with no lights, I spotted them late through their movement against the lighter sky... but my bike light (main beam angled down) didn't illuminate them at all. The cyclists top appears purple but this is just the effect of modifying the contrasts of the image.

I have no business tell them what they should or shouldn't do so kept my trap shut in passing but still have to shake my head because they don't make it easy for faster moving motorised traffic to spot them.
Cycling is in my BNA

GraemeL

Postby GraemeL » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:12 am

human909 wrote:
GraemeL wrote:Well we all might as well just ignore all laws
No. That is not the logical conclusion.
GraemeL wrote:I mean after all there are some that I think are stupid and I am sure there are others who have their own ideas of stupid laws. Where would we be if we all took your attitude?
Probably where we are today already! A likely improvement because I would consider myself more law abiding and socially responsible than the average citizen.

Do you really think that innocuous laws aren't being broken every second of everyday? In fact I'd be extremely surprised if you didn't break one weekly, if not daily. Be it driving or cycling. In fact there is a pretty good chance your bike, house, car and computer are all in breach of some law.

Our life is full of laws and full of minor innocuous breeches of them. If I walk against the red man when there is no, I don't see that as the thin end of the wedge to a rampant criminal. :wink: If you do, then you need a reality check.
I may break a rule every now and then, but it is not done intentionally, I am only human and as such we make mistakes.

How would we be if drivers decided that red lights were a waste of time?

We whine and bitch about drivers left hooking us, turning in front of us etc. But they are just people who think the laws are stupid and a waste of their time.

If we all please ourselves, where do we draw the line?

Graeme
***Looking For Information About Bicycle Cameras ***

* Bicycle Camera FAQ's *** Mounting FAQ’s & DIY Mounts *

human909

Postby human909 » Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:37 am

GraemeL wrote:How would we be if drivers decided that red lights were a waste of time?

We whine and bitch about drivers left hooking us, turning in front of us etc. But they are just people who think the laws are stupid and a waste of their time.
So I'll repeat myself.

I would have no problem if drivers decided red lights were a waste of time. As previously stated if the law breaking is innocuous then I have no issue. I have never encouraged breaking laws to others detriment!