Oliver's Hill cycle lane closure

k-duck

Oliver's Hill cycle lane closure

Postby k-duck » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:47 pm

Well, I gave it a go, I asked Vic Roads very nicely if they could consider re-opening the cycle lane at the aproach to Oliver's Hill before thousands of cyclists pass this hazard during the upcoming Around The Bay In A Day ride but they have no intention to do so. The cycle lane at this point has been totally blocked off since before well the badly conceived retaining wall collapsed some time ago, there is no work currently going on at the site but the lane remains closed, cyclists are forced to merge with traffic into a blind corner, sometimes it is very heavy traffic and on Saturdays it is always busy here. I now avoid riding along here although it was part of one of my favourite rides. My parting comment to Vic Roads was that I would be contacting them again if there was any kind of incident during the big event. I've got a bad feeling about this. :(

jules21

Re: Oliver's Hill cycle lane closure

Postby jules21 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:35 pm

vicroads are protected against legal action arising from failure to address risks arising from the design of roads. they can only be sued if the damage arises from failed attempts at road repairs (e.g. making a mess of fixing up a pothole). so they won't care.