Wear a bikesign

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Re: Wear a bikesign

Postby russell.bathard » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:27 am

To Aushiker/Andrew.Like I have said I have been using a bikesign for over 12 months.I noticed an increase in safety on the very first use.Was I imagining this effect?? After a lengthy trial I think not.That is why I am conveying this idea to others because I have found it works so well for me and I wish to share this information..It is its USE that will convince you of its effectiveness.You will not be disappointed.
russell.bathard

by BNA » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 am

BNA

Postby russell.bathard » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:33 am

To il padrone,Thanks for mentioning the safety wing,I believe it will achieve what I am hoping to accomplish with the bikesign.
russell.bathard

Postby il padrone » Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:01 am

Sorry if I may have seemed rather forceful in my comments Russell. I am just aware that there is "more than one way to skin a cat". I am glad your sign works for you - it is one idea to gain more road space. However I am very wary of setting up any expectation that cyclists must wear certain clothing or ride in certain ways. Let's maintain some basic personal freedoms. In recent times I have heard some people clamouring for mandatory reflective vests for cyclists - one from a NZ coroner. In view of the impacts of our helmet rule this would be disastrous for cycling participation - I do not want to see such a thing occur.

Anyhow, have a good day and happy cycling.
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Previous

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy