Australian Pedestrian Council - Harald Scruby

familyguy

Re: Australian Pedestrian Council - Harald Scruby

Postby familyguy » Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:11 pm

find_bruce wrote: I dunno Jim, I am old, fat and slow, but the only 2 times I have ridden south across the spit bridge I was doing well over 32 km/h - of course I was on the road at the time, no way I would be stupid enough to try that on the joke of a path. Perhaps next time they promise to replace the bridge they can promise to include a separate bike path. Unfortunately history suggests that they can also promise a meadow for the fairys and unicorns to play, cause no one seems to have the political will to address the well documented issues with the existing bridge
I must admit I've never gone over the path heading south, only the main deck. 40+ is the norm. Except in peak hour, when its probably 32 8) You could crack 32 on the path, but you'd be Evel Knievel.

Was it wrong to laugh at 'next time they promise to replace the bridge'? Like the light rail, bus lanes, overpass, tunnel, western harbour connection, etc, etc.

Jim

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Australian Pedestrian Council - Harald Scruby

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm

A reminder that even if someone represents different views - chose your words wisely and counteract them with intelligence.
It just gets too messy and nasty with name calling that can cause offense.

(thats my bit done).
Cycling is in my BNA