ColinOldnCranky wrote:Lies, damned lies and statistics. I heard a bloke this morning on Background Briefing from the Australian Taxi Industry Council telling us that taxi customers are more satisfied with the service than they used to be and that they are generally satisfied.
I know that if I stand at a set of lights for a time the number of riders jumping lights will be many while there will be very few or no cars doing the same.
Try counting motorists:
- Squeezing across after the lights have changed to red -much less obvious but very numerous,
- Talking/texting on mobile phones while driving - 90%+ in many areas,
- Crossing the double white line when overtaking, turning or doing U-turns,
- Failing to stop on stop signs and failing to give way correctly at roundabouts,
And the ever increasing disease:
- Failing to indicate lane changes or turns - almost everyone seems to have this nasty little habit.