Submissions to Qld Inquiry into Cycling Issues

jules21

Re: Submissions to Qld Inquiry into Cycling Issues

Postby jules21 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:17 pm

briztoon wrote:Pretty much how it is in France. We couldn't believe how narrow street lanes were in the towns and cities. Lane width outside the cites were pretty similar to Australia, until you got in the Alpes, where they were pretty narrow again.
isn't that a legacy of historical construction/planning though? i'm not criticising it, but what i may not have explained is that Yarra have deliberately re-marked lanes to be narrower for that purpose.

briztoon

Postby briztoon » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:25 pm

Yes and no. Of course many of their roads are restricted in width because they follow the medieval roads, but many roads are "new" but the lane widths are still very narrow, just wide enough to fit a car. I certainly don't think the lane sizes are due to the old roads. I can't recall seeing any heavy vehicular traffic in the centre of Lyon or Paris. Most I saw were the smaller trucks in Paris.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:15 pm

EDIT: Ok this is a bill not an act. So it is not current law :(

Errrrrrrr I know I didn't see this coming, how did this happen? Note: Its SA

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/b ... _Print_BK6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note I'm not sure if this has actually been passed or not, it says it is enacted but I don't know the ins and outs. The bill was introduced and read in July and even then used the word "enacts". I'm beginning to think it hasn't happened.