SMH cycling article in progress

g-boaf
Posts: 7462
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

SMH cycling article in progress

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:14 pm

http://forum.jdmstyletuning.com/showthr ... uery/page5

The journalist is trawling through a few forums. Here he wants to find car drivers who have hit cyclists.

Do read post #47... Troll...

I sent the journo a rocket of an email.

User avatar
The 2nd Womble
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm

Did you see SCA's post asking the guys not to provide him with any cannon fodder?
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

g-boaf
Posts: 7462
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby g-boaf » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:45 pm

He got nothing of use from me.

The article: http://m.smh.com.au/drive/roads-and-tra ... 2svyl.html

User avatar
trailgumby
Posts: 12051
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby trailgumby » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:31 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:Did you see SCA's post asking the guys not to provide him with any cannon fodder?

I did. Nice work.

The problem with these articles is they raise the temperature in the relationship between cyclists and drivers, and those drivers who are predisposed are more likely then to act out.

Cyclists then get hurt.
When all else fails, persistence prevails -- Lew Hollander

briztoon
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:03 pm

Well that was probably a waste of a couple of hours, but as he was nice enough to provide his email address, I sent him an email asking him to instead to write an article on the need for change of the Australian road culture. I gave him a few links and I debated both sides of the "war on the roads" argument. I even told him it would be the harder road to go down, but it is the road needed to effect real social change.

Still, I probably wasted a couple of hours of my life.
Image

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28528
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby Mulger bill » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:30 pm

Did you point him at your thread Briz? Add a little reality to the BS...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

briztoon
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:10 pm

No, I didn't want to make it personal.
Image

User avatar
The 2nd Womble
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:16 pm

briztoon wrote:No, I didn't want to make it personal.

You're a very level headed young man.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

briztoon
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:40 pm

I wish I was young. Immature more like it. I think I am the same age as you 2nd Womble.
Image

User avatar
The 2nd Womble
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane
Contact:

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:08 pm

briztoon wrote:I wish I was young. Immature more like it. I think I am the same age as you 2nd Womble.

RIP
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves

briztoon
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby briztoon » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:10 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:
briztoon wrote:I wish I was young. Immature more like it. I think I am the same age as you 2nd Womble.

RIP


:lol: :P
Image

User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
Posts: 28528
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby Mulger bill » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:
briztoon wrote:No, I didn't want to make it personal.

You're a very level headed young man.

+1 to this.
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

briztoon
Posts: 1267
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:15 am
Location: Belmont, Brisbane

Re: SMH cycling article in progress

Postby briztoon » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:34 am

briztoon wrote:Well that was probably a waste of a couple of hours, but as he was nice enough to provide his email address, I sent him an email asking him to instead to write an article on the need for change of the Australian road culture. I gave him a few links and I debated both sides of the "war on the roads" argument. I even told him it would be the harder road to go down, but it is the road needed to effect real social change.

Still, I probably wasted a couple of hours of my life.


I received a very short reply this morning.

I don't write 'campaigns'. The article drew attention to the lack of progress on infrastructure. Cheers.
Image

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users