Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby sogood » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:22 pm

g-boaf wrote:Unless you've heard more than I have, I suppose he will just be doing the Alan Jones (the radio broadcaster, not the F1 driver) trick. Make a crocodile tears apology, keep a low profile for 3-4 weeks and then he'll be back again.

Will have to see won't we. Difference being, Alan Jones only had to deal in commercial media while Textor is in real politics. Abbott won't have a good time with our closest neighbour until Textor has been properly dissected I suspect. Thinking of it again, I still can't believe how stupid he was by tweeting those words.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

by BNA » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm

BNA

Postby jules21 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:27 pm

is it possible this is a giant put-up? the indonesians are having a field day with Abbott, everyone assumes we are above that sort of thing and that Textor was off the leash.
jules21

Postby sogood » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

jules21 wrote:is it possible this is a giant put-up? the indonesians are having a field day with Abbott, everyone assumes we are above that sort of thing and that Textor was off the leash.

Can't see where the leverage would be with something like this. This is not a smart play in international diplomacy. Even if it was, it just makes no sense to go via Textor. There are far better candidates to do this kind of dirty work.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
sogood

Postby jules21 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:57 pm

sogood wrote:Can't see where the leverage would be with something like this. This is not a smart play in international diplomacy. Even if it was, it just makes no sense to go via Textor. There are far better candidates to do this kind of dirty work.

it wouldn't have any effect if some random person said what he did - in fact, i'm sure 1000s did. using Textor gives it some sense of gravity or officialdom, while still allowing the govt to distance themselves. i am probably giving him too much credit, but it's possible..
jules21

Postby g-boaf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:03 pm

sogood wrote:
jules21 wrote:is it possible this is a giant put-up? the indonesians are having a field day with Abbott, everyone assumes we are above that sort of thing and that Textor was off the leash.

Can't see where the leverage would be with something like this. This is not a smart play in international diplomacy. Even if it was, it just makes no sense to go via Textor. There are far better candidates to do this kind of dirty work.

Yeah, like the hundreds of anonymous rent-a-reply types you can get to respond to articles on newspaper websites. Textor is also big enough however to not be easily taken down by the fallout from this.
g-boaf

Postby edhore » Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Oh how things have changed.... :)

Ride well everyone, stay safe.
I'm not cool enough to put anything here.
edhore

Previous

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy