Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Equipment and On Road Behaviour, Laws and Rules. Cycling Promotion and Advocacy

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby biker jk » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:01 pm

trailgumby wrote:I read in the SMH yesterday that Malcolm Fraser has called for him to sacked as the provider of polling information to the Liberal Party.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. ;)

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk


Was he caught with his pants down? :lol:
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

by BNA » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:02 pm

BNA
 

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:02 pm

trailgumby wrote:I read in the SMH yesterday that Malcolm Fraser has called for him to sacked as the provider of polling information to the Liberal Party.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke. ;)

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk

8) Stage two under way...
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011
User avatar
Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod
 
Posts: 25783
Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:41 pm
Location: Sunbury Vic

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby jimsheedy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

Aushiker wrote:The word on the street (thanks to BastardSheep) is that Mark Textor's Twitter account has been deleted. I get the feeling some serious spanking has been going on. Now the big question is what will Amy Gillet Foundation do?

Andrew



Spanking ? You can bet Christopher would be lining up for that job
Image
User avatar
jimsheedy
 
Posts: 773
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Baldy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:18 pm

The account still exists it just looks like its been wiped?

Well except for one tweet "what tweets".

So contrite...
Baldy
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Aushiker » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:05 pm

Baldy wrote:The account still exists it just looks like its been wiped?

Well except for one tweet "what tweets".

So contrite...


There are a few new Mark Textor accounts now; they have been created after his actual account was closed; these are parody accounts.

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 20144
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby trailgumby » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:29 pm

Well if those the AGF "...lobby want the reassurance that comes from credibility" ... what does he propose, now that he has none?

#onyerbike MarkATextor. Do the AGF a big favour and resign

Sent from my android thingy using Crapatalk
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Baldy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:43 pm

Aushiker wrote:
Baldy wrote:The account still exists it just looks like its been wiped?

Well except for one tweet "what tweets".

So contrite...


There are a few new Mark Textor accounts now; they have been created after his actual account was closed; these are parody accounts.

Andrew


Ah gotcha, cheers Andrew.
Baldy
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:07 pm

No change as of 10.30pm tonight.
Image
I'm betting he's a gonner though. If he doesn't get his orders or quit, I can guarantee the AGF will suffer for it. I for one have suffered because of this clown for over a year.
When Time magazine does this (and it's been confirmed as bona fide) then the rot is really starting to smell.
Image
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby biker jk » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:01 am

Just beat his time around Centennial Park. :lol:
User avatar
biker jk
 
Posts: 2657
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby trailgumby » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Has anyone looked closely at his bio on the AGF website? Bullet point two:
Amy Gillett Foundation wrote:The Australian Financial Review also named Mark as one of the 10 most powerful people in Australia in 2007. He was the youngest figure honoured in both the BRW and the AFR lists in 2000 and 2002.

:shock: :shock: :shock: What kind of git allows someone to put that on their bio, even if it is (was) true? Classic case of getting carried away by your own publicity.

Has anyone noticed the similarities to another power junkie, one Alan Jones?
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:52 pm

Image
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 pm

Is Mark Textor the testicle that Lance Armstrong had removed that improved his cycling future? I think Australian cycling advocacy should perform a simple lump check at home or see a GP.
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/ ... ark-textor
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby g-boaf » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:29 pm

You've won:

http://m.smh.com.au/federal-politics/po ... 2y2hf.html

He has decided to stop his utterly juvenile rants and quit Twitter.
User avatar
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:28 pm

No, this is due to his racist attitude towards the Indonesians. I'll claim victory when he loses his big seat at the AGF boardroom table. Till then I'll keep winding the thumb screws.
That there has been no public action taken on this yet by anyone involved in cycling advocacy says to me that on the whole we are as apethetic to our plight as the journalists who constabtly berate us and politicians who are easily capable of ignoring us.
Two nations are still squabbling over Mark tonight, but the same man's involvement in cycling advocacy hasn't raised an eyebrow outside of here, my tweets and the Sydney Cyclist forum?
The guy who runs cycle.org.au actually wants me to pull my head out of my arse over this. If I did that I'd lose sight of him. I guess it's not just Mark who crawled off to where it's dark warm and damp.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby trailgumby » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 pm

The 2nd Womble wrote:No, this is due to his racist attitude towards the Indonesians. I'll claim victory when he loses his big seat at the AGF boardroom table. Till then I'll keep winding the thumb screws.
That there has been no public action taken on this yet by anyone involved in cycling advocacy says to me that on the whole we are as apethetic to our plight as the journalists who constabtly berate us and politicians who are easily capable of ignoring us.
Two nations are still squabbling over Mark tonight, but the same man's involvement in cycling advocacy hasn't raised an eyebrow outside of here, my tweets and the Sydney Cyclist forum?
The guy who runs cycle.org.au actually wants me to pull my head out of my arse over this. If I did that I'd lose sight of him. I guess it's not just Mark who crawled off to where it's dark warm and damp.

Didn;t know they existed until you mentioned it. As of October last year they had a whole 172 members. No forum activity since, that I can tell.

Hotbed of discontent, that place is. ;)
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:30 pm

trailgumby wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:No, this is due to his racist attitude towards the Indonesians. I'll claim victory when he loses his big seat at the AGF boardroom table. Till then I'll keep winding the thumb screws.
That there has been no public action taken on this yet by anyone involved in cycling advocacy says to me that on the whole we are as apethetic to our plight as the journalists who constabtly berate us and politicians who are easily capable of ignoring us.
Two nations are still squabbling over Mark tonight, but the same man's involvement in cycling advocacy hasn't raised an eyebrow outside of here, my tweets and the Sydney Cyclist forum?
The guy who runs cycle.org.au actually wants me to pull my head out of my arse over this. If I did that I'd lose sight of him. I guess it's not just Mark who crawled off to where it's dark warm and damp.

Didn;t know they existed until you mentioned it. As of October last year they had a whole 172 members. No forum activity since, that I can tell.

Hotbed of discontent, that place is. ;)

They run a fb page and a Twitter account as well, but the vitriol directed my way is from the head honcho's personal account.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Make no mistake, those who seek to shut out or shut down SCA will be called to order, whether that be the world's best known pollster or a nobody with a chip on his shoulder. It could get ugly. The AGF isn't my focus. Mark Textor is.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Aushiker » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:16 pm

trailgumby wrote:Didn;t know they existed until you mentioned it. As of October last year they had a whole 172 members. No forum activity since, that I can tell.


Same here. Didn't know they are on Twitter either. Do you have thier Twitter user details Dave?

Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 20144
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby The 2nd Womble » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Facebook: search cycle.org.au
Twitter: search AusCycle.
The vindictive petty crap comes from th personal account of the owner of both of these pages though. That garbage was shown to a forum member on here just before.
The only good Cyclist is a Bicyclist

Huge fan of booted RGers who just can't help themselves
User avatar
The 2nd Womble
 
Posts: 3058
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:21 pm
Location: Brisbane

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby Aushiker » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:21 am

The 2nd Womble wrote:Twitter: search AusCycle.


Got it. Already following and should have put two and two together.

Thanks
Andrew
"Pedal-pounding pounce" - D. Fluellen - West Australian 13/1/14
Image
User avatar
Aushiker
 
Posts: 20144
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:55 pm
Location: Fremantle, WA

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby g-boaf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:45 am

trailgumby wrote:
The 2nd Womble wrote:No, this is due to his racist attitude towards the Indonesians. I'll claim victory when he loses his big seat at the AGF boardroom table. Till then I'll keep winding the thumb screws.
That there has been no public action taken on this yet by anyone involved in cycling advocacy says to me that on the whole we are as apethetic to our plight as the journalists who constabtly berate us and politicians who are easily capable of ignoring us.
Two nations are still squabbling over Mark tonight, but the same man's involvement in cycling advocacy hasn't raised an eyebrow outside of here, my tweets and the Sydney Cyclist forum?
The guy who runs cycle.org.au actually wants me to pull my head out of my arse over this. If I did that I'd lose sight of him. I guess it's not just Mark who crawled off to where it's dark warm and damp.

Didn;t know they existed until you mentioned it. As of October last year they had a whole 172 members. No forum activity since, that I can tell.

Hotbed of discontent, that place is. ;)


I didn't even know that place existed either. But then I'm lazy and just ride my bike. :)

Keep fighting him. :)
User avatar
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby trailgumby » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:43 pm

Personally, unless they are engaged in direct attack against you I think it's better to ignore them and carry on. Know what they're saying, but don't waste your time and mental energy engaging.

Otherwise, you get absorbed in fighting them and neglect your main mission. And thus, they win.

I'd also lose the rough language. Don;t underestimate the importance of this. It is *vital* to keep strictly to the high moral ground. Let your opponents paint themselves as ratbags.

I've seen this work very much to our advantage against the loony left greenies in our dealings with National Parks over trail access. NP prefers to talk to us because we treat them with respect (even though we disagree frequently), the Greenies get grudging attention in order to make them go away as quickly as possible.
"People have a right to their own opinions, but not their own facts. Evidence must be located, not created, and opinions not backed by evidence cannot be given much weight." -- James W Loewen

http://www.facebook.com/Drive2WorkDay
User avatar
trailgumby
 
Posts: 10300
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Northern Beaches, Sydney

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby sogood » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Stupid. What else can one say? Career in the pits now, rightly so.
Bianchi, Ridley, Montague, GT, Garmin and All things Apple :)
RK wrote:And that is Wikipedia - I can write my own definition.
User avatar
sogood
 
Posts: 16929
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:31 am
Location: Sydney AU

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby jules21 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:13 pm

these guys get to where they are (or were) by taking risks and bending rules, then when it inevitably leads to their downfall everyone asks 'how could they be so stupid?'
Image
User avatar
jules21
 
Posts: 8701
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:14 pm
Location: deep in the pain cave

Re: Mark Textor: the white knight on his shiny unicorn etc

Postby g-boaf » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:18 pm

trailgumby wrote:I'd also lose the rough language. Don;t underestimate the importance of this. It is *vital* to keep strictly to the high moral ground.


trailgumby wrote:I've seen this work very much to our advantage against the loony left greenies in our dealings with National Parks over trail access.


Hmm... You could just refer to them by normal name without embellishments or derogatory terms, which I suppose is *vital* to keep the high moral ground, as you suggested yourself just above.

sogood wrote:Stupid. What else can one say? Career in the pits now, rightly so.


Unless you've heard more than I have, I suppose he will just be doing the Alan Jones (the radio broadcaster, not the F1 driver) trick. Make a crocodile tears apology, keep a low profile for 3-4 weeks and then he'll be back again.
User avatar
g-boaf
 
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users



Popular Bike Shops
Torpedo 7 Torpedo7 AU
Ground Effect Ground Effect NZ
Chain Reaction Cycles CRC UK
Wiggle Wiggle UK
Ebay Ebay AU

“Bicycles BNA Twitter
“Bicycles BNA Facebook
“Google+ BNA Google+
“Bicycles BNA Newsletter

> FREE BNA Stickers
> BNA Cycling Kit