"Compulsory cycling as part of driver training ..."

DavidS

Re: "Compulsory cycling as part of driver training ..."

Postby DavidS » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:19 am

Xplora wrote:I wouldn't have a problem forcing Forby drivers to attempt some precision parking in a Corolla to demonstrate how poor their vehicle is at parking, unless mounting a gutter is needed.
I think you should be forced to prove you can park your urban assault vehicle before you are allowed to buy one. That would reduce their numbers. :D

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:15 am

...By about 40% :twisted:
...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:34 am

It certainly raises the bar. My father in law lent me his 2009? Hilux with long tray. I think it was 2.7m long? Longest vehicle I have ever used. Tried to park it in a teeny spot in Rhodes shopping centre. 5 attempts, and a metre out the front of the space? I didn't have other options. :lol: there is no way that the below average Forby driver is good at parking them. Just a bare pass if they are lucky. I had full visibility and still couldn't comfortably park it.

Also realised that the nature of that ute allowed me to be incredibly aggressive if I chose. Mount gutters, force lane changes (Alu tray), I have felt the power and it corrupts. :shock: so get the Forbys into a vulnerable situation so they realise what fear on the road is like.