'Uncle' Tom Elliot

Postby clackers » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:15 pm

clackers

by BNA » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

BNA

Re: 'Uncle' Tom Elliot

Postby il padrone » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:02 pm

Fixed.

"Big groups of Grand Prix wannabes hold up vehicle traffic every weekday on Beach Rd and the Eastern Freeway, causing motorists and other road users no end of angst. Pedestrians are often at risk from motor vehicle drivers who drive either too fast on minor roads and highways, or who illegally mount the footpath in other areas.

And at intersections, motorists frequently cross against the signals knowing that there is no red light camera can report them to the dark offices of Civic Compliance at that intersection (for the morally upright among us, CC is the entity that issues state government fines).

In short, motorists often break the rules of the road simply because they can get away with it"

What a surprise eh?
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Postby g-boaf » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:53 pm

The other week I stopped for a red light, only to have two cars behind me go speeding past dangerously and run through the red light.

And what exactly does the registration do to prevent them doing this? And furthermore, I'd be upsetting Mr Elliot, because one, I'm following the law (frustrating his argument) and two, I'm supposedly holding up cars.

I've never heard of this guy before, so I'll not even bother worrying about his rant. :)
g-boaf

Postby il padrone » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:04 pm

g-boaf wrote:I've never heard of this guy before, so I'll not even bother worrying about his rant. :)

Melbourne Drivetime host (shock-jock in training) on the bogan station, 3yAWn :roll:
Riding bikes in traffic - what seems dangerous is usually safe; what seems safe is often more dangerous.
il padrone

Return to Cycling Safety and Advocacy