Nearly got doored on the weekend

wgc138

Nearly got doored on the weekend

Postby wgc138 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:43 am

This was probably the closest encounter I had for a while, it was pretty alarming to say the least and a few seconds earlier may end up differently.

On Saturday around 7:10 we were riding along main beach on the Gold Coast and this bit of road is always busy with the surfers, runners and what have you. So we were going past a few parked cars and we could see a door being opened and my mate riding up front took precautionary measures and what came next was a little bit shocking. The tradie must have just woken up 10 minutes beforehand and he had his hands full holding his ice chocolate and smokes, so he decided to kick the door after opening it which missed my mate by about 10 cm give and take and kicked it again the second time before i went past by going about 1.5 metre to the right. Luckily I had enough time to do a quick head check but anyway this was too close for comfort.

Mind you I said some colourful words as I went past, but we was either too dumb to realise or still stoned from last night as he was in a complete daze.

yugyug

Re: Nearly got doored on the weekend

Postby yugyug » Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:52 am

Say What what you describe doesn't sound unintentional... or am I missing something?

wellington_street

Re: Nearly got doored on the weekend

Postby wellington_street » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:30 pm

Assuming the tradie didn't look at all (not surprising), he has kicked the door (or pushed it with his foot) to get it open so he could get out of the vehicle with his hands full.