Punneet Puneet extradition status

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Re: Punneet Puneet extradition status

Postby mikesbytes » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:15 pm

So the guy who's passport was used spent 18 months in jail then deported to India and has a $60K legal bill. I'm assuming it was proven that he gave the passport to Punneet with the intent of it being used for an illegal purpose
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:12 pm

mikesbytes wrote:So the guy who's passport was used spent 18 months in jail then deported to India and has a $60K legal bill. I'm assuming it was proven that he gave the passport to Punneet with the intent of it being used for an illegal purpose

My recollection is that Sukhcharanjit Singh's story at the time was that he rented it (for $3,000 as I recall) to Puneet for the purposes of applying for a loan. It never made much sense as a story, but then neither did renting it out for a paltry $2,000 to $3,000 make sense if it was for a purpose in which he would almost certainly be found out and extradited. A few thousand bucks is small cheese compared to the cost of and value of education in Oz.

One wonders if Singh was the one who dobbed Puneet in for the Victorian Government's reward, $100,000.

Anyway, he did sell it to Puneet and paid a hefty price for it. Puneet, of course, appeared at the time to be getting a bargain.

fyi At the last court appearance Puneets next court date was set for 28th this month. These scheduled dates often are changed.
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

1Rowdy1

Postby 1Rowdy1 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:59 am

[/quote]

Firstly, bogan and tradie don't refer to a race. If you say a bogan cut you off, you're not saying white Australians are inherently dishonest, blah, blah, blah ... you're just making a classist remark about working class men.

/quote]

Have never heard of anyone apart from white Aussies being referred to as a Bogan, to claim it is not racist is a stretch.

ColinOldnCranky

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:04 pm

Nothing easily found on the Web about Puneet's appearance in court on Wednesday just passed as scheduled at previous court appearance. It looks like the date has been deferred again. :?
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle