Qld Police Report Thread 2016

TheWall

Re: Qld Police Report Thread 2016

Postby TheWall » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Ignoto wrote:Just to bring some kind of 'positive' news to this thread. End of last year, I had a car suddenly pull infront of me and perform u-turn right infront of me, which resulted in a head first collision with the ground. I didn't hit the car and even yelling at the car as I went down, he didn't stop as he 'didn't know'.

Anyway, I had plenty of witnesses stop and lend assistance. The Police turned up, took statements and within a few days had charged the guy with doing an illegal u-tun and booked him for points etc.

Awesome news. :D

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:12 pm

Comedian wrote:
biker jk wrote:
Scott_C wrote:Article in Brisbane Times has the coroner criticising Queensland Police for not proceeding with prosecution of drivers who killed cyclists due to driver inattention.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensl ... vdo4f.html

"Why each charge did not proceed was of concern to me, as in my view there was a clear basis for each charge to continue through the court... I consider the decision not to proceed was flawed," he said.

Have the police involved been reprimanded or punished in any way?

No sorry.. you can't question the police. I asked the minister to investigate a matter.. and he asked the assistant commissioner to investigate, and he just said "talk to the hand". The QLD police answer only to themselves.

Following the Queensland auditor-general's identification of Qld Police Force members apparently fraudulently manipulating crime statistics the Police Minister had the following to say:

Queensland Police Minister Mark Ryan told the ABC inappropriate police conduct would be investigated.

"I would say to anyone who feels like they've been inappropriately contacted by police to let us know. There is a complaints process," he said.

"We expect the highest standards, the very highest standards from our Queensland police.

"If there are shortcomings in those behaviours in respect of any aspect of their role, then those shortcomings will be investigated and we will hold those officers to the highest standards."

With such an open invitation and promise to hold "officers to the highest standards" it might be time to organise a co-ordinated series of complaints listing past failures, inaction and refusals to the Minister and asking the Minister if this level of performance represents the highest standards.

Comedian

Postby Comedian » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:32 pm

Scott_C wrote:
Comedian wrote:
biker jk wrote:
"Why each charge did not proceed was of concern to me, as in my view there was a clear basis for each charge to continue through the court... I consider the decision not to proceed was flawed," he said.

Have the police involved been reprimanded or punished in any way?

No sorry.. you can't question the police. I asked the minister to investigate a matter.. and he asked the assistant commissioner to investigate, and he just said "talk to the hand". The QLD police answer only to themselves.

Following the Queensland auditor-general's identification of Qld Police Force members apparently fraudulently manipulating crime statistics the Police Minister had the following to say:

Queensland Police Minister Mark Ryan told the ABC inappropriate police conduct would be investigated.

"I would say to anyone who feels like they've been inappropriately contacted by police to let us know. There is a complaints process," he said.

"We expect the highest standards, the very highest standards from our Queensland police.

"If there are shortcomings in those behaviours in respect of any aspect of their role, then those shortcomings will be investigated and we will hold those officers to the highest standards."

With such an open invitation and promise to hold "officers to the highest standards" it might be time to organise a co-ordinated series of complaints listing past failures, inaction and refusals to the Minister and asking the Minister if this level of performance represents the highest standards.

Very interesting Scott. Unfortunately their public undertakings don't seem to be backed up by their actions. We will see whether media attention helps the situation.

All through this process I've tried everything to get it resolved, to be told only to "talk to the hand". I wanted to be confident that media was the very very last recourse after all other plausible complaints processes had been taken. I think I realised when the CCC told me that they just weren't the right people to investigate I knew something was wrong. Requests from the minister resulted in "I don't intend to investigate - I'm happy that we have investigated" from the Assistant commissioner of "Ethical Standards" despite not looking at any of the utterly compelling information that i provided.

If I've learned anything from this - put everything you have in the first complaint. I really didn't want to be seen to be telling them how to suck eggs so to speak - but when they knocked me back and I went and did their job for them I realised that the door was already closed and locked.

Anyway, you'll be able to read about it soon enough.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:14 pm

Comedian wrote:Anyway, you'll be able to read about it soon enough.

make it sooner! :mrgreen:

Scott_C

Postby Scott_C » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Comedian wrote:Anyway, you'll be able to read about it soon enough.

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:08 am

The spreadsheet hasn't had any new entries since 2015. Is it dead?

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:01 pm

Recently moved to Qld from Vic and submitting my first complaint regarding a pass that measure 50 om in an 80 zone. Clear footage.
Hepave used the hoonline but not sure if it gets submitted. Tgere does not seem to be any confirmation screen or emaik to say so.
All it does is go back to the home screen after a bit. Have done it twice. Happened Sat 24th June.
Should I wait a week the visit the local cop shop?
Happened at Landsborough. SUNNY coast.
More vids here. Updated daily! https://www.facebook.com/b.e.m.motorists/#

InTheWoods

Postby InTheWoods » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:33 pm

Try a different browser and/or kill ad blockers.

I get a confirmation screen and an email when submitted.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:48 pm

biachicam - welcome to qld. you should get a confirmation email
using this one:
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/apps/reports/hoonOnline/

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:46 pm

Welcome to Qld Bianchicam! Did you move just for the minimum passing legislation :lol: ???

Return to “Cycling Safety and Advocacy”