Anakie hit-run killer at commital hearing

il padrone

Anakie hit-run killer at commital hearing

Postby il padrone » Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:49 pm

The killer of Gordon Ibbs who fled after a callous act, evaded police and torched the car, is before the court on committal. Pretty horrific impact described.

He said he was about 70m away when he looked in the rear vision mirror and saw the cyclist fly from 15m to 20m into the air.

Mr Weston said the Commodore did not stop.

It is my belief that this was an act of murder. No evidence, just what I have read of the circumstances, knowing the road, and aspects of the accused's background.
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

trailgumby

Re: Anakie hit-run killer at commital hearing

Postby trailgumby » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:56 pm

I concur, but we'll never see him charged with that. :(

Was there a video of the guy's arrest? If I recall correctly, it took several rather large officers to hold him down. Has to be meth involved.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:08 am

il padrone wrote:

It is my belief that this was an act of murder.

Easy to believe given the blokes actions, attitude and associates.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:17 am

trailgumby wrote:I concur, but we'll never see him charged with that. :(

Was there a video of the guy's arrest? If I recall correctly, it took several rather large officers to hold him down. Has to be meth involved.

he's a meth addict who was probably having a psychotic episode when he decided to murder Gordon Ibbs. the guy's connections and history are well known, he's the gutter scum of society. the sort of person you just hope you don't encounter while out on your bike.

he should go to jail obviously, but it's not going to stop people like this from doing this sort of thing again. they aren't weighing up the consequences.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:16 am

[img ] image removed, mistaken ID[/img]

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:20 am

don't do drugs, kids

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:43 pm

warthog1 wrote:2013

Not sure what you are trying to suggest with these two photos, but it would seem that the 2013 photo has nothing to do with the accused - Bradley Azzopardi.
Mandatory helmet law?

jules21

Postby jules21 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:46 pm

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:14 pm

il padrone wrote:
warthog1 wrote:2013

Not sure what you are trying to suggest with these two photos, but it would seem that the 2013 photo has nothing to do with the accused - Bradley Azzopardi.

Following a convincing win over Aiden Rentoul in the elimination rounds, the 22 year-old tackled the standout amateur of 2013 Brad Azzopardi, from ex-WBF world light heavyweight champion Jim Tsitas' stable, for the title in Geelong.

Boxer charged over fatal hit-and-run

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... d-run.html

As Jules said. Stay off drugs kiddies.
The 2013 shot came up under a google image search under his name. He is mentioned in the text of the story.
I agree he has gone down hill but it is him I believe.
I deal with ice users at work. That appearance and behavioural change is associated with its' use IME.

edit; You might be right. It might not be him. There appears to be a mole on the face of the bloke in the 2013 photo that is not there on the second. The tattoos I figured came later.
Stay off the drugs anyway ;)

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:06 pm

I dunno...I've always been impressed by people who feel the need to tatt their face :lol:

il padrone

Postby il padrone » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:44 pm

warthog1 wrote:The 2013 shot came up under a google image search under his name. He is mentioned in the text of the story.
I agree he has gone down hill but it is him I believe.

The first image you showed was a different bloke. Name in the article I linked.

jules21 had the correct picture of Mr Azzopardi, from 2013, with tatts. It came from this article in the Geelong Advertiser.
Mandatory helmet law?

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:09 pm

trailgumby wrote:I concur, but we'll never see him charged with that. :(

Probably not enough evidence to prove the intent required for a murder charge to stick. So they're going with what they think will stick.

But hopefully with the other aspects of the crime (driving while disqualified, failing to stop and render assistance, concealing evidence by arranging for his bikie mates to torch his car) will ensure a custodial sentence at the upper end of what is allowed.

I remember that video - if only we could get that in front of the jury.

trailgumby

Postby trailgumby » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:37 pm

"bike mates" ... I wonder if he cooked for them. It would explain why they went to those lengths to assist him.

madmacca

Postby madmacca » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:51 pm

trailgumby wrote:"bike mates" ... I wonder if he cooked for them. It would explain why they went to those lengths to assist him.

Yeah, well, Brad Azzoiapardi ain't no Walter White.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:49 am

trailgumby wrote:Was there a video of the guy's arrest? If I recall correctly, it took several rather large officers to hold him down. Has to be meth involved.

there was a video. it was on the news. he'd annoyed enough people that somehow the media knew to be there when a bunch of cops jumped on him and dragged him off like a mad dog and paraded him in front of the cameras. he seemed pretty pleased with himself up until that point. I though it was a nice touch

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:25 am

Actually, Azzopardi is a proud name for a large extended family I've had dealings with in the western suburbs. I hope this fella's not connected to them. If so, the patriarch will be shattered. :(

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:27 am

fat and old wrote:Actually, Azzopardi is a proud name for a large extended family I've had dealings with in the western suburbs. I hope this fella's not connected to them. If so, the patriarch will be shattered. :(

lots of scumbags come from good families. not much you can do sometimes. people make their own decisions in life as adults.

uart

Postby uart » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Sorry, I haven't been following the case, but just wondering what's the back story here.

Why did it take them 6 months to arrest the guy? Was there just not enough evidence initially, or did he go into hiding or something?

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:32 pm

jules21 wrote:
trailgumby wrote:Was there a video of the guy's arrest? If I recall correctly, it took several rather large officers to hold him down. Has to be meth involved.

there was a video. it was on the news. he'd annoyed enough people that somehow the media knew to be there when a bunch of cops jumped on him and dragged him off like a mad dog and paraded him in front of the cameras. he seemed pretty pleased with himself up until that point. I though it was a nice touch

Is this it?
http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/1 ... ic-hit-run
Definite scumbag.
You can see the sorrow and regret all over his face.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:08 pm

uart wrote:Why did it take them 6 months to arrest the guy? Was there just not enough evidence initially, or did he go into hiding or something?

I believe they knew who he was for some time. He had his car destroyed so it was difficult to prove the case. I don't know the details but for this sort of crime they may have used phone taps, etc. to gather evidence.

Kalgrm
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Kalgrm » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:27 pm

I've removed the first image from Warthog's post because it looks like it was the wrong bloke in the photo.

Cheers,
Graeme
Think outside the double triangle.
---------------------
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it ....

uart

Postby uart » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:28 pm

jules21 wrote:
uart wrote:Why did it take them 6 months to arrest the guy? Was there just not enough evidence initially, or did he go into hiding or something?

I believe they knew who he was for some time. He had his car destroyed so it was difficult to prove the case. I don't know the details but for this sort of crime they may have used phone taps, etc. to gather evidence.

Ok thanks Jules. So it was basically time spent gathering evidence. Let's hope that the scumbag was bragging on the phone about how he killed a cyclist or something like that.

jules21

Postby jules21 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:34 pm

uart wrote:Ok thanks Jules. So it was basically time spent gathering evidence. Let's hope that the scumbag was bragging on the phone about how he killed a cyclist or something like that.

given the amount of time he was probably impaired by heavy drug use, I suspect it's a possibility

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Kalgrm wrote:I've removed the first image from Warthog's post because it looks like it was the wrong bloke in the photo.

Cheers,
Graeme

Sorry. Didn't really consider the interests of the bloke I posted :oops:
It came up on a google image search. I should have investigated further before posting.
I have seen that sort of degeneration in the physical appearance and mental health of meth users.
I was speculating though, which I shouldn't do.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:54 pm

Hit and run of a motorcyclist. No death but sentenced to almost 7 years gaol. Will keep this in mind when the killer of Gordon Ibbs is sentenced.

An Alice Springs man has been sentenced to almost seven years in prison for a hit and run crash.

Brett Alan Dredge, 52, and his wife Narelle Dredge, 51, faced court over the October 2015 crash that left Emma O'Connor, 25, in a coma with serious injuries.

The incident occurred two days after Ms O'Connor got her motorcycle driver's licence, and she was being taught how to take off from the side of the road by her husband, Jesse O'Connor.

Mr O'Connor jumped clear of the incident, but his wife was flung into the air.

Her back and pelvis were broken, and her skull fractured in the crash.

Police installed a listening device in the couple's caravan and had monitored conversations between the defendants, which provided evidence for them to be charged.

Ms O'Connor was in court for today's sentencing in Alice Springs.

Dredge was sentenced to six years and nine months in prison with a non-parole period of three years and nine months.

Narelle Dredge was handed an 18-month suspended sentence for perverting the course of justice.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-23/brett-dredge-jailed-for-emma-oconnor-hit-and-run/7536788