Hit and run - it's the same the wrold over

ColinOldnCranky

Hit and run - it's the same the wrold over

Postby ColinOldnCranky » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:41 pm

Leaving aside their standards of morality, when are idiots going to realise that in developed countries that have increasign numbers of public an dprovate cameras everywhere they are gonna get pinged if they do a runner.

One more tragedy. If yo aren't safe in a breakdown lane, where CAN a cyclist ride?

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... in-us.html
Unchain yourself-Ride a unicycle

trailgumby

Re: Hit and run - it's the same the wrold over

Postby trailgumby » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:44 pm

At least the cops are taking it seriously.

human909

Postby human909 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:48 pm

trailgumby wrote:At least the cops are taking it seriously.
That was my thoughts.

BianchiCam

Postby BianchiCam » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:35 pm

It seems only a fatality gets them doing more than, "I'll take a look at it" meaning never. I'm wondering if any action would have been taken by now concerning my near death with the Kenworth truck from 21-7-16. Still waiting. I'll get a reply 'in due course' they say.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:15 pm

ColinOldnCranky wrote:Leaving aside their standards of morality, when are idiots going to realise that in developed countries that have increasign numbers of public an dprovate cameras everywhere they are gonna get pinged if they do a runner.

One more tragedy. If yo aren't safe in a breakdown lane, where CAN a cyclist ride?

http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national ... in-us.html
I read a year or two back that in the UK, if your car breaks down on the side of the motorway, the first thing the driver and passengers are advised to do is get out the car and stay clear. The breakdown lane is the last place you want to stay because the incidence of deaths in the UK as a result of vehicles hitting other vehicles in the breakdown lane is high. In the UK Its against the law to stop in the breakdown lane so as sad as it is, no-one is safe in a breakdown lane and I doubt this type of tragedy couldn't be repeated anywhere in the world.