What a shifty article this is

Aushiker

Re: What a shifty article this is

Postby Aushiker » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:36 pm

familyguy wrote:The more hidden the better...
+1

I simply do not bother clicking through ... if the topic of the article not in a credible news source elsewhere then it is not something worth bothering with in my view.

That said, an alternative approach if one must share their "journalism" is to take a screen grab or a print to PDF and share that. At least they do not get the clicks and their click-bait gets less support.

BJL

Postby BJL » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:14 pm

Sorry guys.

I get the Herald Sun delivered (Not my choice and I don't pay for it) and first saw the printed version. Online, I couldn't get to it directly from the Herald Sun website as it's 'subscriber only' but I could access it from the Google search results which was the link I copied and pasted. Don't worry if you can't figure out why it works this way, I can't either.

I didn't want to take a screenshot as that means I've then got to upload it to some image hosting site and then the Herald Sun would probably threaten to sue me for reproducing the article without permission.

For those that can't see it, it basically paints Robert Doyle as an heavenly angel with policies that reflect community values such as dealing with homelessness and installing CCTV everywhere, while the Greens are "wacky" according to the Doyle and in the "dark ages" according to the Herald Sun for having policies that aim to discourage motorized transport such as cars in the Melbourne CBD and surrounds and promoting cycling. It's a strange set of policies that they've chosen to print considering none actually compete with one another. I guess Robert Doyle must have a policy to increase traffic congestion in Melbourne that the Herald Sun forgot to print.

The reality is that it's the Herald Sun that belongs in the dark ages.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:00 pm

It is an utterly appalling paper that is so obviously politically partisan that I believe people are starting to completely disregard any of its' political opinion or commentary.

We saw in the last state election how heavily they favoured the first term incumbents.
They were still tossed out ;)

Delivered free or not I feel the better option is not to read it.
The result will be a much more positive frame of mind. :)
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Mulger bill
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Mulger bill » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Crosswords and Calvin and Hobbes.
The rest of it pleases my budgie and improves the quality of the coverage.

...whatever the road rules, self-preservation is the absolute priority for a cyclist when mixing it with motorised traffic.
London Boy 29/12/2011

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:41 pm

I managed to copy the sound interview from Neil Mitchel. I hop There is nothing wrong in doing this as it is all over thee web any way.

Seems I have forgotten how to embed the thing properly .

https://youtu.be/TSdyoLnUqFA

https://youtu.be/s8LDrD4orEM
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

kb

Postby kb » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:18 am

uart wrote:
BJL wrote:This one from the Herald Sun (Melbourne)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... c28b6876ec

Have a look at the "Dark-age Greens" wacky policies and you'll see 'Promote cycling on local streets'

Yep, completely wacky and definitely belongs back in the dark ages.
Hi BJL. Links to Herald Sun stuff are now paywalled, so most people wont be able to follow that link.
Herald Sun wrote: You've reached a
PREMIUM article
To read this article, subscribe today and get unrestricted access on all your devices.
Ha ha ha ha. "PREMIUM". Ha ha

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:31 am

BJL wrote: For those that can't see it, it basically paints Robert Doyle as an heavenly angel with policies that reflect community values such as dealing with homelessness and installing CCTV everywhere.
Nothing to do with cycling, but aye? Installed CCTV everywhere? Nah, it was done by his predecessor whoever that was. I know, I did all the conduit installation for them, all over the CBD. Big, get it in at any cost, damn the regulations we want it now type of job.

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:25 pm

another shifty article ... or rather comment

Detective Leading Senior Constable Gerard Whelan described the attack as "vicious" and said it appeared to be "random and unprovoked".

He believed the woman was heading home on her bike and said that she was "wearing a bike helmet, doing all the right things and just going about her business".

not wearing a bicycle helmet means what?
Go!Run!GAH!

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:31 pm

Cheesewheel wrote:another shifty article ... or rather comment

Detective Leading Senior Constable Gerard Whelan described the attack as "vicious" and said it appeared to be "random and unprovoked".

He believed the woman was heading home on her bike and said that she was "wearing a bike helmet, doing all the right things and just going about her business".

not wearing a bicycle helmet means what?
Apparently the Apex gang said they wouldn't attack/rob cyclists wearing helmets. :lol: