Cycling NSW to NSW Govt - Open Letter

ft_critical

Cycling NSW to NSW Govt - Open Letter

Postby ft_critical » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:17 am

Apologies if this has been posted already, cursory search revealed that it hadn't. Focus on driver education is good I think.

http://www.nsw.cycling.org.au/News/All- ... he-premier

g-boaf

Re: Cycling NSW to NSW Govt - Open Letter

Postby g-boaf » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:17 pm

That was last year if I remember right. I knew he'd done the open letter but I figured nobody would be interested in it, so didn't bother posting it.

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Given the imbalance in fines I think this is a bit weak to be honest.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 am

For example, I observe that while the Metre Matters laws provide a conduit for education and behavioural change of road users attitudes towards cyclists, there seems to be an imbalance in your policy settings when revenue for fines against cyclists appear to significantly outweigh those imposed against motorists for MPD infringements.
I understand that the Amy Gillet Foundation and Cycling NSW agreed on the fine increase. It may have been as a compromise however it was not challenged as BicycleNSW did. The government announced that the policies were endorsed by all round-table participants - which is not true (alternative fact?).

However that Cycling NSW have written this letter is a positive step and they are asking for very conservative improvements... these conservative improvement would have a significant impact and it is the improved infrastructure and integration of cycling as a viable transport option that are necessary to changes.

Timing is good - the incoming premier needs to prioritise this.
Cycling is in my BNA