Survey: Australian Community Attitudes to Road Safety Management

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Survey: Australian Community Attitudes to Road Safety Management

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 pm

Survey Form

This survey aims to develop a scale of community attitudes towards the road safety measures (or interventions/strategies) contained in the 2011-2020 national road safety strategy (2011-2020 Australian NRSS or national strategy). It is a follow up to a previous study which analysed the public submissions to the draft copy of the 2011-2020 Australian NRSS. The terms ulterior motives, simplistic, myopic etc reflect the public views expressed in the submissions. The scale herein presented is bipolar (positive and negative). The focus of the survey is the development of the scale rather than the assessment of all countermeasures contained in the 2011-2020 Australian NRSS. This survey uses a small number of the more than 40 interventions/programs included in the 2011-2020 Australian NRSS. The ones used herein represent the first ones described in the strategy document.

To complete the survey, it is suggested that familiarity with a previous publication is beneficial:
2011-2020 Australian National Road Safety Strategy (PDF link)

The survey is from Dr Joao Canoquena (costa.canoquena@hdr.qut.edu.au) Centre for Accident Research & Road Safety - Qld
Queensland University of Technology
Cycling is in my BNA

yugyug

Re: Survey: Australian Community Attitudes to Road Safety Management

Postby yugyug » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:00 pm

That is the oddest survey I have ever come across. I can't begin to imagine in what way it would provide a viable amount of useful information.

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 pm

I just had a quick look, weird questions, looks like it was designed by a committee, a very large committee.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:07 am

It is not really for average Joe... although average Joe would actually be a good candidate to judge. The survey is asking about the reaction to the NRSS publication and trying to see if it is deemed to be a realistic and progressive approach or not. I notice that ex NSW MP Duncan Gay (the one who really screwed up progressive transport) is a signatory and my view is that the publication is very much political - serving the interests of the governments to show progress while a lot of their obligations remain unaddressed.
Cycling is in my BNA

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:26 am

I spent yesterday/this morning looking at the strategy. The survey is definitely designed to give political points imo.

I resent the use of the American system of dating used...month before year. Very disappointing, and confirms a few things I took from that strategy...which is confirmation bias if I've ever seen it :lol: