Any improvement on cars giving space

gtext

Any improvement on cars giving space

Postby gtext » Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:19 pm

Any improvements in Vctoria since the "give a little space for a lot more safe" campaign on TV/radio? Or just a waste of money.
Personally I think it's more about seeing to be doing something.
Sure it may influence the law abiding drivers to do better but won't change the bad ones.

Needs enforcing with cancelled licences as most don't care about fines.

DavidS

Re: Any improvement on cars giving space

Postby DavidS » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Haven't noticed an improvement, but I tend to ignore the cars and it's not like they can pass me in the lane I'm riding in the middle of.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:38 am

A marginal improvement from some I reckon.
Hasn't improved the abilities of those who lack (amongst other attributes) spatial awareness.
The typical arrogant meat head is probably not apt to pay alot of attention to it either.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

Cyclophiliac

Postby Cyclophiliac » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:54 am

DavidS wrote:Haven't noticed an improvement, but I tend to ignore the cars and it's not like they can pass me in the lane I'm riding in the middle of.

DS
They can, and they will. I claim the lane a lot, riding in the middle of it or sometimes even just to the right of the middle, and it doesn't stop some morons from close-passing me with 2 wheels in my lane. Idiots will be idiots, regardless of what we do.

DavidS

Postby DavidS » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Cyclophiliac wrote:
DavidS wrote:Haven't noticed an improvement, but I tend to ignore the cars and it's not like they can pass me in the lane I'm riding in the middle of.

DS
They can, and they will. I claim the lane a lot, riding in the middle of it or sometimes even just to the right of the middle, and it doesn't stop some morons from close-passing me with 2 wheels in my lane. Idiots will be idiots, regardless of what we do.
Yeah, they occasionally do that, but they need a break in the adjoining lane to do so (aim achieved) and if one car does that I go wider.

Also, I have space to get clear of them, space I wouldn't have if closer to the gutter.

DS
Allegro T1, Auren Swift :)

kb

Postby kb » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Don’t watch TV and mostly listen to RN and NewsRadio. Didn’t realise there’d been a campaign. OTOH, I haven’t been close passing any cyclists. Noticed slightly worse driver behaviour in my rides but suspect it’s weather-related.

stylo

Postby stylo » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:46 pm

No better or worse.

Some drivers are still very generous with space, some not so and some love to gun it whilst they overtake me in a bike.