Runners running in cycling lanes

Mububban

Re: Runners running in cycling lanes

Postby Mububban » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:20 pm

I thought the OP was satire....

Also, I have never in my life seen anyone running on the road. Footpaths and PSP, all the time. Road - never.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

AdelaidePeter

Postby AdelaidePeter » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:39 pm

Mububban wrote:I thought the OP was satire....

Also, I have never in my life seen anyone running on the road. Footpaths and PSP, all the time. Road - never.
It must depend on where you live, because I rode past two (running together) on the road in suburban Adelaide yesterday, and on this particular road they are a fairly common sight.

Though - back to the title of this thread - I can't remember the last time I saw one in a bicycle lane.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:57 pm

AdelaidePeter wrote:It must depend on where you live, because I rode past two (running together) on the road in suburban Adelaide yesterday, and on this particular road they are a fairly common sight.

Though - back to the title of this thread - I can't remember the last time I saw one in a bicycle lane.
I run on the road all the time. Many of the roads hereabouts don't have footpaths.

Now I can't recall running in a bike lane.

But if the footpath was nonexistent or covered in crap or badly broken up, I'd use the lane.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:42 pm

AdelaidePeter wrote:
Mububban wrote:I thought the OP was satire....

It must depend on where you live, because I rode past two (running together) on the road in suburban Adelaide yesterday, and on this particular road they are a fairly common sight.

Well, after saying I'd never seen this in my entire life, guess what I saw on my group ride that Saturday morning? :mrgreen: We saw the jogger up ahead in the bike lane, running towards us, so we moved over and went around him.

And then 20 minutes later, we had to go around another one!!! I had to laugh - never seen it before, then see 2 in 20 minutes :D
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!