Lift of helmet requirement in Canberra on the cards as ACT government looks at getting more people on bikes

human909

Re: Lift of helmet requirement in Canberra on the cards as ACT government looks at getting more people on bikes

Postby human909 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:49 pm

fat and old wrote:As was obvious, I was mainly referring to civil construction sites Human.
Yet your argument was in response to general OH&S. So hardly a valid point, hence my comment.

Also confusing as your worksites are roads. Which by definition will normally allow pedestrian and cyclist access, around or through. Either way as you would know better than I, it needs to be catered for. So it seems a little confusing to suggest cyclists would be banned. I simply don't think your analogy makes sense.

(Well about as much sense as talking about how my office doesn't allow me speeding down the corridors on my bicycle.)

fat and old

Re: Lift of helmet requirement in Canberra on the cards as ACT government looks at getting more people on bikes

Postby fat and old » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:24 am

human909 wrote:
fat and old wrote:As was obvious, I was mainly referring to civil construction sites Human.
Yet your argument was in response to general OH&S. So hardly a valid point, hence my comment.

Also confusing as your worksites are roads. Which by definition will normally allow pedestrian and cyclist access, around or through. Either way as you would know better than I, it needs to be catered for. So it seems a little confusing to suggest cyclists would be banned. I simply don't think your analogy makes sense.

(Well about as much sense as talking about how my office doesn't allow me speeding down the corridors on my bicycle.)
Upon reflection, I have to agree. It doesn't make sense. Thanks for bringing that to my attention :D