Even the WA Police can't get the rules right

Thoglette

Even the WA Police can't get the rules right

Postby Thoglette » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:12 pm

WA Police apologise for wrongfully accusing cyclists of breaking the law
Video caption wrote:Two police cars and three police motorcycles arrived at the scene of a group of cyclists being told off for breaking the law. There was only one problem...
Now there's an appropriate level of response to those malicious property damaging cyclists running rampant around our roads, all while unregistered.
Claire Tyrrell The West Australian Friday, 23 March 2018 wrote: “It is the law - you are meant to be single file when there is two lanes in one direction,” the officer told him.

After several minutes of discussion between the cyclists and police, during which time more police arrived, police sent the riders on their way.

Mr Singleton, who heads up cycling tech company Cycliq, Olympic medallist Graeme Brown and French based product reviewer Ray Maker were among the riders.

Later that day, police contacted Mr Singleton to apologise and clarify the riders were in fact correct.

“It would appear you are correct and my understanding of the regulation was mistaken,” the email read.

“I refer in particular to regulation 130 Road Traffic Code 2000 that allows for a rider to be alongside another, both dual and single lane.

“My apologies for any confusion caused.”

Mr Singleton said one of the policeman at the scene had told him he was on a committee for enforcing the one metre rule.

“I found that concerning,” he said.
At least they didn't taser him and lock them all up.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Tequestra

Re: Even the WA Police can't get the rules right

Postby Tequestra » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 pm

:cry:
Viva le Tour Electrique' !!!

uart

Postby uart » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm

Wow. Five police units sent to deal with a small group of cyclists legally riding two abreast. That is absolutely golden. :lol:

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:56 pm

Laugh...cry...shake head....all in the one story.

At least he owned up to being wrong. Many wouldn't.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!