Harold Scruby supports lower speed limits.

Thoglette

Harold Scruby supports lower speed limits.

Postby Thoglette » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:17 pm

Breaking news: Harold Scruby actually advocates for pedestrians.
Chairman Harold Scruby said it was not about taking away the responsibility off pedestrians, but about bringing Queensland speed limits in line with other countries.
Meanwhile RACQ still blames the victims and wants to fine pedestrians for using mobile phones while crossing roads just like"jay walking". Apparently all incidents of cars hitting peds are a result of phone use (despite not a single one of the incidents listed being shown to result from phone use) and have nothing to do with driver attitudes, road design nor speed limits.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Cheesewheel

Re: Harold Scruby supports lower speed limits.

Postby Cheesewheel » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Thoglette wrote:Breaking news: Harold Scruby actually advocates for pedestrians.
Chairman Harold Scruby said it was not about taking away the responsibility off pedestrians, but about bringing Queensland speed limits in line with other countries.
Meanwhile RACQ still blames the victims and wants to fine pedestrians for using mobile phones while crossing roads just like"jay walking". Apparently all incidents of cars hitting peds are a result of phone use (despite not a single one of the incidents listed being shown to result from phone use) and have nothing to do with driver attitudes, road design nor speed limits.
When the likes of the Scrubmeister can perceive serious flaws with your proposal, you know you have not properly thought things through.
Go!Run!GAH!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks for heads-up. I suspect this is very much about RACQ trying to divert attention from the campaign for lower speed limits. Sadly this is not the first time RACQ has engage in such lobbying tactics. I find challenging them results in their pulling their head in until the next opportunity arises.

For those on Twitter I suggest you express your views directly to them at @RACQ.

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Sorry is it April 1st again ? Forgive my cynicims, but I find it hard to believe this is the same bloke that campaigned against headphone wearing pedestrians and that claimed that 40 per cent of pedestrians killed in NSW were drunk
... The Queensland-based Pedestrian Council of Australia ...
Has the fax machine been relocated from the affluent enclave of Mosman?
It doesn't get easier, you just get slower

Cheesewheel

Postby Cheesewheel » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Club Scrub vs Banana State Smokebox Society.

I say arm them both with pool noodles and declare the last man standing as the winner of the debate.
Go!Run!GAH!

Jmuzz

Postby Jmuzz » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:40 am

find_bruce wrote: Has the fax machine been relocated from the affluent enclave of Mosman?
NSW probably retired their fax machines so he had to relocate to a less cutting edge technology state.

Thought he was gone actually, website hasn't updated for years still talks about "RTA".