Australian Cycling Advocacy Groups - Friends Again

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: Australian Cycling Advocacy Groups - Friends Again

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm

fat and old wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:Were you protesting fat and old?
Actually, I'll tell you what. I'll find out where Abbott is having his next pollie ride next year (I think it's usually in autumn?). I'll be there, with requisite banners, noise and attention seeking methods, every day.

If you come with me.
Won't be hard to find. Just draw a line between all the remaining coal fired power stations.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:15 am

I am overseas... so good excuse but my desire to ride with Tony is not particularly high. (Don’t make me talk about politics).

Not a cheap shot, maybe cheeky... but action is always tough. I have been actively involved in different ways, even critical mass in Sydney many years ago. Knowing what action is effective is hard because some doesn’t pay off.

A few years back I joined a hundred others in Dee Why for a council meeting on cycling and following up a few times after, the responsible staff member was no longer with the council and all cycling activity and progress was being aborted. The good news was that a neighbouring council who I met a few times kept up the energy and the staff are trying hard and have actioned a few problems that were raised.
Cycling is in my BNA

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:58 am

So I see the AGF are having a public crack at the Bicycle Network's statement on MHL. And the Australian Cycling Alliance is hitting the AGF over their responses.

Who needs enemies when you have friends like this?