should ebike speed be limited to just 25 km/h and should pedal assist be the only legal one?

Scintilla

Re: should ebike speed be limited to just 25 km/h and should pedal assist be the only legal one?

Postby Scintilla » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:22 am

fat and old wrote:Fully loaded....and walking!!!!! Hahaha, I thought it was fair dinkum for a while.
I just want to see you do it. Even with the shuffling sections. Even just to ride it fully-loaded up to the narrow section :roll:

Thoglette

Re: should ebike speed be limited to just 25 km/h and should pedal assist be the only legal one?

Postby Thoglette » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm

Scintilla wrote:You can readily ride one (200W) of these at perhaps 40kmh+. Just that your battery may not last very long.
And only if you're adding another hundred or so watts yourself. :D But otherwise agreed.
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Scintilla wrote:
fat and old wrote:Fully loaded....and walking!!!!! Hahaha, I thought it was fair dinkum for a while.
I just want to see you do it. Even with the shuffling sections. Even just to ride it fully-loaded up to the narrow section :roll:
:lol: :lol: I couldn’t ride that load on the flat let alone any incline. As soon as I or my friends post a video claiming I can you’re welcome to rubbish me :D

StevOz

Postby StevOz » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:05 pm

I say a compromise is the best solution high assist should be limited to 25kph, medium to 30kph, low assist unlimited, whilst of course keeping the 250 watt limit.

That said I'm generalising here never been a fan of tax brackets, when a sliding scale is the solution, simple algebra really should be applied.