Not having a good run

Not having a good run

Postby Jerryjan » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Hi just over 2 weeks ago had to replace my rear wheel. Any way when I gone the bike back I noticed there was a loud rattle but I am a little deaf so ask some guys I was riding with can you tell where the noise is, they said from the rear of the bike. I thought maybe the internal cables was rattling. Back to the shop left it with them for a week, had to ring the shop as they never seem to ring me the owner says there is a broken bolt in ISO decoupler and a rubber o ring needs replacing and it may need a new frame. Not very happy I am not rough with my bike I do weigh 90 kg. Today I rang again today to find the bike had been fixed they had managed to get the broken bolt out and replaced it, nobody took any time to tell me why it might have happened, but at least it was covered under warranty. I must admit it does make me think about the durability of my bike.
Cheers Jerry
Jerryjan

by BNA » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 pm

BNA

Re: Not having a good run

Postby HappyHumber » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:04 pm

There's also the possibility the shop staff were just spinning you a yarn, genuinely didn't know - or were more simply covering their bottoms for a mistake they made the first time around.

Not saying all shop staff are like this - but I think you'll find a number of us have had similar experiences in the past.
- Kym
Please don't assume I'm on Facebook.
HappyHumber

Postby AndyRevill » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:37 am

I would ask the shop to take the time to explain to you exactly what the problem was, what they did to fix it and what might have caused it. If you're not happy after that ask them to arrange a meeting for you with the Trek rep so you can discuss your concerns directly. I've never had any issues but from what I've heard Trek are generally very conscious of customer service.

Good luck

Andy
Trek 1.7 dec.
Trek Domane 4.5
AndyRevill

Postby ClydesdaleChris » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

I thrash mine, I'm 105kg and have never had a problem. No has anyone I know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ClydesdaleChris

Return to Trek