They say it comes in threes !!!

Jerryjan

They say it comes in threes !!!

Postby Jerryjan » Tue May 20, 2014 8:53 pm

Hi I was just wondering if I got a bit of lemon when I bought my Domane 5.2. Just before the bike was 1 year old the rear rim had multiple cracks and was replaced under warranty. A couple of weeks later the decoupler had a problem and had to be fixed again fixed under warranty. Now about a month later the rear gear cable broke jamming the hand shifter. I think bike shop were about to try and charge me for the repair but changed there mind after talking with me. I don't race the bike I do look after it. I am expecting too much but I though the bike may be more reliable. How there is nothing else in the near future.
Cheers Jerry

flashpixx

Re: They say it comes in threes !!!

Postby flashpixx » Wed May 21, 2014 1:07 pm

sorry to hear you are having on going problems. Hope your LBS is 100% supportive. My 5.2 is barely 6 weeks old and, touch wood, no issues.
FWIW I've found Rider's Choice in Leederville (Gary Suckling) awesome. Some of the sales guys are just that, but Gary is exceptional.
Gordon

Riding: Trek Domane SLR 7

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:58 pm

flashpixx wrote:FWIW I've found Rider's Choice in Leederville (Gary Suckling) awesome. Some of the sales guys are just that, but Gary is exceptional.
+1
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:49 pm

The wheel isn't the bike, the rear gear cable isn't the bike. The decoupler is the bike...

Bikes are quite hard to knock like this - Yeah, we all see the bike, but the groupset and the wheels are completely interchangeable with another frame. You might have had bad luck, because all three issues have independent sources. The wheels, frame and assembly are all done by different people. Hopefully it should come good soon!